154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a fairly old pic of my car -

A pic of the famous clear corners -

Two pics of meets that we have had -

·
Probe Member
74 Posts
Andrew, can you get one up with the 'GT' showing? Side and rear please - got a set I want to put on mine - ex Jerry. Black would look dumb on his now, wouldn't you agree?? :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, will do.

I finish work in 13 minutes so it will still be daylight when I get home.

When I stuck mine on I just used a paper cut out and stuck them on with Blutack to see how they would look and measuered the location from there.

Are you interested in doing the Holden clear side marker mod as well. It would look alot better than the orange you have at the moment. I'll take a pic of this also.

Andrew

·
Probe Member
74 Posts
Andrew, WHAT! You don't like my orange side lights! That's the best part of the car!!! :)

I guess I want to see the pics. I thought it wasn't as easy as just replacing them. Isn't there some 'gentle' persuasion required???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Probe Member
74 Posts
I want my 'GT's done for Canberra - and might use the opportunity to have a good close look at the lens change. Just a little overcautious...............thanks for the links.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Probe Member
74 Posts
Andrew, you are a deadset legend. They are perfect - and I've gotta admit that the clear lenses do look excellent.......

If I can push the friendship a little further, can you take some 'measurements' for me? Imagine that the 'GT' is enclosed in a perfect rectangle (not trapezoid) and tell me how far back it is from the door edge and also how far down from the top skirt edge. Likewise some 'reference' points for the rear 'GT' - perhaps using the Ford badge and panel edge as points.

I know that it really doesn't matter........but I like the positioning on your car and want to try to closely match it.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Craig,

I will try and do it at lunch time other wise i'll do it when I get home tonight. Some people here at HP may think it is a little strange if I start measuring thing on my car when it is parked right out the front door of the building.....

From memory I left about a letter space from the front of the car and about 7 cm from the top of the plastic side skirt for the decals on the side and cant remember about the rear.

I wonder if any of the US guys that still have them on their car from the factory are able to take measurements?

Andrew

P

·
0 Posts
Gotta love this bumper!

Quick question, you guys never got the 95-97 swirly rims? I was kinda confused at first seeing the 95+ style bumper with 93-94 GT rims. But than Ifigured it was an Aussie thing... Also the rear bumper was always like that or you got the 93-94 style too?
The clear signals look great... How about the side markers? They are stock too?

Nice cars guys :thumbup:!

·
Probe Member
74 Posts
Swirlies on 96-97 (like mine)

www.geekazoids.net/~images/probe_copy3.jpg

I think Andrews car is a 95 - how dumb of me....of course it is (nickname/topic heading) Duh!!....... We got some minor differences in our model which don't directly correlate to the US Probes.

Clear side markers are from an Aussie Holden Commodore (I think - Andrew you can take it from here.........)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Craig,

Did some measuring last night and the results are as follows -

For the sides - 6cm from the top and 10cm from the front. All measurements were taken with a flexable tape measure and measured from the edge of the plastic side skirt.

For the rear end - 1.5cm from the Ford logo and centered top to bottom.

Hope this helps

Andrew

·
Probe Member
74 Posts
Andrew, I got those decals on over the weekend........but light wasn't that great by the time I finished.......

I also don't have access to a digital camera - so it will be a FEW days at least before I can get something to show you.

Thanks for all the help....

Regards,

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
ProbeBandit said:
Gotta love this bumper!

I was kinda confused at first seeing the 95+ style bumper with 93-94 GT rims. But than Ifigured it was an Aussie thing
Hey check out the 95 Aussie PGT rear lights, it has black trim. Or did 95PGT switch them out ? Reason I ask is because the American 95PGT doesn't have the black trim around the rear lights. It also doesn't have a GT decal on the back. I love those clear corners. Theirs a guy in our club who bought clear corners for his 97PGTS in Romania. He went their to visit his family, went by a Ford dealership. Stoped, and went in there and they had a set. They look good.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Stacy,

Sorry your wrong on both counts. My Probe has a redish brown trim arround the lights.

At the moment i'm looking at replacing the center section with th 'GT' version, if I can get my hands on one.

Andrew

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
95ProbeGT said:
Hi Stacy,

Sorry your wrong on both counts. My Probe has a redish brown trim arround the lights.

At the moment i'm looking at replacing the center section with th 'GT' version, if I can get my hands on one.

Andrew
Sorry, it looks black on my PC screen.:eek: :eek: But they aren't redish brown in the States either. If I happen to come across a middle GT refelctor emblem I'll sell it to you. Or, if one happens to fall into my pocket at a salvage yard I'll send it to you. Damn those things are expensive.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will try and get a better photo of my Probes rear end to try and bring the colour up a bit. The last photo was taken in the early evening and the car was parked under the car port.

Gee thanks heaps. I would really apreciate you sending me a reflector. I have been thinking that even if the suround colour doesnt match I could paint the reflector as well as the lights.

How much do they sell for new and/or second hand in the states any way?

If you ever need accomidation down here in Melbourne Australia give us a yell.

Andrew

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Price at a salvage yard will cost $175.00 plus American. Well thats been my experience, some may have found it cheaper. You see, if you buy the GT emblem you have to buy the tail lights as well.:cussing: I wish I knew how much they cost from the factory, God and Ford only knows. ;) . If you buy them from Ford it'll be very expensive, everything else is......:fmad:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts