Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some quick pics of my XR8.

BTW, excuse the poor quality, I'm still trying to sort out the camera and software. :)

Attachments

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more...

Attachments

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still going...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
LOOKS GREAT

looks awesome, nice rims, good height, bet shes got some power??. What width rims and tyres do you run??

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
That is one awesome piece of gear!!!

i had also seen the car previously on trueblue........

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the kind words.

Aussie Falcon - I'm using Laminge as a yard stick. I'm a bit behind but hopefully as I catch up he will keep on upping the level. The stuff he has done to his car, so far, is incredible!!

XR8SAM - The power is pretty damn good and on the last dyno run we got 231rwkw (310rwhp), but as my avatar says, "Life begins as 330kw+" and I'm still not quite living yet. :WH: It's still being run in so in a week or so it's going back to have a couple more things tweaked/adjusted and I should be getting closer to 243-248rwkw.
The wheels are Viper (Avanti) - Kaizan 18" x 8.5" and the tyres are Bridgestone Potenza RE040 255/35ZR18. And I'd luv to know how to fit 285's (hint hint laminge) ;)

HSE2 - I'll send the updated info to Trueblueford.com shortly, but basically it's a CAPA supplied 10psi Vortech blower that was fitted (and bits adjusted to suit better) by Bob Romano Performance. The supercharger kit cost $7000 approx, plus fitting.
I've had no problems so far, although there were a couple of small problems during the install. And yes my Fiance' is still with me, but she's often tells me she has no idea why. :wink2:

XLR8 - thanks mate

saleen1 - if I could, I'd get the whole world in a Ford. :nuts:

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Awesome car Grunter! keep us upto date with any more you do ti it.

And by the way, you know you're a bastard don't you! :D :p

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Sweet ride! Im jealous!

Will we see it at the Ford Trip?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Great Car

Grunter, that is one hell of a car you have got yourself. Well done mate.:thumbup:

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RATT lol, I've been told that many times, but usually not because of the car. :D

Martin Mate, I'd sell my better half (and tried :rolleyes: ) to be able to go, but I've got work commitments I've got to stick to. Just make sure someone gets and posts heaps of pics please.

BOF 351 Thanks! :cool:

BoOtHeMaN Soz, but I still use them for the QR Sprints, etc.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Very very nice machine there mate, ahh geez this further makes me want to get an XR8.

Love the wheels as well, i reckon they go very wheel with the liquid silver colour. Hmm another high powered member fantastic. Minge you'd better get that intercooler real quick. :nuts: :nuts:

:cool: :cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts