Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Re: OMG my D23 is gone.

That's it . After fitting new belt you had fingers crossed everything was set up spot on when you started car . One of my mates used to call it a plumbers nightmare when he done one as it was a bit more than the usual run of the mill belts on other cars we usually replaced but once you've done a few , no bother .

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Thanks R.S for the info.

The water pump looks similar to the procedure of the legacy.

As far as checking the car out, I plan to have him do a compression test infront of me, along with a leak down test. Then have him put it on a lift so I can check the under body, and test drive it to make sure the trans and motor is running good.

I've already noticed that the rotors and brake pads need to be changed, and he said no problem, he will change them.

Other then that, I have been searching the NASIOC Subaru forum for more info, but you just gave a me lot of good info guys.

Thanks,

Dj

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts

That's it . After fitting new belt you had fingers crossed everything was set up spot on when you started car . One of my mates used to call it a plumbers nightmare when he done one as it was a bit more than the usual run of the mill belts on other cars we usually replaced but once you've done a few , no bother .
Eeeeewwwww... it looks like the same nightmare design Mitsubishi used in their I-4. And on Mitsu, even the oil pump had a sensor that needed to be in line.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Yea, I don't favor the set-up this boxer motor use's.

It makes it so if you go under the front cover to do one thing, mine as well do everything so you don't have to go back under there for a while.

But, since I have done this on a 98 Subaru legacy and everything is starting to come back to mind, it shouldn't be too hard, I already have all the tools, and knowledge, I just needed to knocked it back into my head with the info they^ provided.

Slowly but surely, and with the help of others, I'll learn this motor as well as I did the D23.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts

Hope you kept your insurance company up to date with all the mods you did on your car . If not can cause problems and quite often rejection of any insurance claim .

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

They are aware of the mods, CAI/catback, and they don't care about those, they said if I have all the receipts for all the parts that's been put on in the last year, that they will take that into consideration when paying out for the car.

I have over 2g's in part on that car.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts

I had a car in the garage that the insurer assessor rejected the claim for because he spotted that he had it super chipped and never informed them .

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

We will see, I've already told my insurance company that those parts were on there a few days ago, and they said there was no problem as long as no serious engine mods have been done.

It's actually a good thing I did get the OBX header onto the car sooner, or that probably would have been a problem for sure.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Thanks, they should be calling Tuesday to start talking numbers.

In the best light, they offer what I want, so far they have been very nice with everything.

We even got a retail car pretty fast without hassle, and they said to keep it until we get another car.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

The Hartford is the girls company.

But on another note guys, I have been doing research and have found that even on this 04 I'm looking at, it has a cat on the up pipe, and I've heard that's is really bad cause if it the cat start breaking up, it goes into the turbo.

So I'd like to remove the cat from the up pipe, but there is a temp sensor in the cat, if I remove the cat, I would think the sensor would not read hot enough?

So would simply moving it closer to the motor probably make it read right?

If it's the other way around and it will be reading too hot(which I don't see how that makes sense), but it could easily be fixed with a anti fouler.

First plans if we get it, are tint, up pipe removed for a safety and a little HP gain, a HKS catback, and then a drop, maybe on air bags.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

It was from a Subaru forum.

NASIOC

Nobody else has corrected this guy that told me this stuff, and I always like to double, even triple check information such as this before doing anything.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Good info,^.

On another note:

For anyone that ever has to go through this with a totaled car and getting fair market value from the other person insurance company, my best advice/(my opinion) that I could give to you is, have them send you the info on how they are getting their numbers, you could be missing out on hundreds of $$$$ for simple mistakes, or stuff being taken off the value that you didn't know about.

Research your laws for your state too, most states will have a website you can go to, and look at what they are entitled to do, and what they are not entitled to do.

Moral of the story? Do your research when trying to fight for fair market value on your totaled car. I probably spent well over 24 hr's of internet researching, and state researching to get that fair market value.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

More updates: I finally got the last of the parts that they did not want off the car, such as my blue led bars, leather e-brake boot, and my 2.5 diameter, 304 stainless steel mandrel bent cat-back exhaust piping.

Very happy I got my exhaust off the car though. Payed $220 for it about 2 years ago, and I would hate to see some kid get it at the salvage yard for $50 bucks. If they would have even left it on, they would have seen it was stainless steel and probably took it off along with the cats, and scrapped it.

The only other thing I hate, is that they kept my CAI, and my fly/clt kit.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Recent update after talking with pops:

Tomorrow I will be attempting to buy back the D23 zx3, so I can swap the interior, and motor/trans into my 00 wagon.

Will update as soon as I know if I'll get it or not.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts