41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Re: OMG my D23 is gone.

Well never mind.

They wanted $590 to buy back the car.

That's just too much for how much damage is done. I mean I could part it out for a g or two, but I got a limit on what I could spend to buy it back, and $590 is not it.

All well, I kinda just want to forget about it now.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

Anyone know anything about 02 Audi TT's, 1.8L Turbo, 5 speed coupe.

I've looked at part prices, and their not too bad on regular stuff, but how hard are they to work on?

·
Super Moderator
22,265 Posts

Your better going for the the 225 bhp / 6 speed , far better car . A common fault on that model is engine oil sludge buildup due to design flaw . If I can remember correctly that model had reliability problems . If you get a good one your laughing , if not a money pit .

·
Super Moderator
22,265 Posts

Forgot to mention , classed as a " hairdressers car " over here .

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

GF's car, so it's what she wants, but yes it is the 225BHP, with quatro, and a 6 speed.

Little dent on the front right, and a little bit of scuffs, but that makes good for negotiations if we decide to get it.

But as far as maintenance goes, I'm stuck on what to believe, I have people saying it's not hard, just don't beat the crap outta it, on the other hand, I have people saying they break down a lot, and cost a lot to fix.

As far as parts price, I looked up parts, and it's not too bad for the regular stuff, but got to remember, I would do all the work, so no labor rates.

BTW: I told her if she gets it, don't wear here pink sweater, people will think of that song "I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world":HAHA::HAHA::muha:, I got punched in the arm.:hy:

·
Administrator
8,563 Posts

BTW: I told her if she gets it, don't wear here pink sweater, people will think of that song "I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world":HAHA::HAHA::muha:, I got punched in the arm.:hy:
That's funny :HAHA::HAHA: Come on Barbie, let's go party! :HAHA:

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

She was looking at a light blue convertible a week ago, and I just said no, you will be parking it down the road. lol

They look so bad as a convertible.

·
Super Moderator
22,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djzx3
BTW: I told her if she gets it, don't wear here pink sweater, people will think of that song "I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world", I got punched in the arm.

Do we call you Ken from now on ?

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

no, after I'm done with it, it will defiantly not be a hair dressers car, or a barbie girl car.

Coil overs
fender flair
new rims/tires, black or chrome.
dark tint
cat-back, or turbo back, haven't decided yet.
And clean/modify the interior.
Front bumper with fogs.

Then I will leave it at this^ for a while.

·
Super Moderator
22,265 Posts

I've never seen what some people like about those Audis . I like other models of Audi , some great cars but not that model. Also never liked the look of it , think it looks very dated .Quite a few in the trade thought the same though could sell them easy enough .Was sitting in a traffic jam coming back from the football this afternoon and there was a new one sitting beside me , still did nothing to change my mind though it has been improved slightly .But everyone is entitled to their opinion though the " haidressers car " will always remain as it has over the years . This guy certainly had his troubles with his ,

Homage to the Audi TT – and an expensive lesson in owning a car. | Paul's Thought Emporium

Hope your girlfriend doesn't have the same problems , best of luck .

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

Sounds like he didn't change the timing belt when he should have, they always say, don't chance it with this motor, do it every 50K, or 60K, cause the belt on these cars love to break after 60K.

·
Super Moderator
22,265 Posts

Timing belts being replaced or snapping , causing damage provided me and many other workshops with plenty of business over the years .Often overlooked and neglected item .

·
Super Moderator
22,265 Posts

Sounds like he didn't change the timing belt when he should have, they always say, don't chance it with this motor, do it every 50K, or 60K, cause the belt on these cars love to break after 60K.
Sure if it was due changing AMD would have done it as " Prior to this AmD had serviced the car – every 6 months at least "

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

You done the deal with the Audi TT ?
No, not yet, but want to be sure I make a good decision.

Sure if it was due changing AMD would have done it as " Prior to this AmD had serviced the car – every 6 months at least "
Yea, after reading through stuff a little more, people also say it is a expensive car because of the quattro set-up with the trans, and brakes.

IDK what to get, this is all very stressful, as she needs a car soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,505 Posts

Just had to take that stick and poke something with it, didn't ya?

41 - 60 of 82 Posts