Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Re: OMG my D23 is gone.

I present to you; The new(to me) 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L Turbo 5 speed manual Dream machine. lol

We pick it up Monday.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

Thanks, and from looking at utube video's, they haul ass in the snow.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·

Brought her home today.:driver:

Down the highway about five miles.

Give me a little bit of time to check the timing belt, it was un-known if it was changed or not (114K, so I think it has to be done, but I'll check it for wear to be sure, and I have to change the front brakes. But after that, it's meet time.:hy:

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

Thanks JWKO, it is defiantly the upgrade we deserved from our last car being totaled.

Checked the timing belt, and it looks like new, with new idlers and everything.

And dam does it look good in the garage with the hood up.

And apparently they call this model the blob eye. I think cause it's a mix of bug eye, and hawk eye?

·
Administrator
8,563 Posts

I seriously like that car. I like it better than the yellow one.

Be sure to check the teeth side for any cracks or chips in the teeth.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·

I checked it real good, it seems like the belt could not of had more the 10K on it.

But I might do it again when the car hits 120K just to be sure it was good parts that were put on. These motor are interference, but from what I understand, they are only interference cause the valves hit eachother, instead of the valves hitting the piston.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·

Yea, they also say it has a glass trans, but a few guys say as long as you don't launch it hard, or beat on it, then it's fine.

Also if I need to, I can get a trans for $250 at the u pull it yard.

Got a few minor things to fix inside and out, but other then that, I'm trying to figure out how to add a stock boost gauge, and port the stock blow off valve.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·

Got some replacement parts today, right rear brake light, and front left inner fender well.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·

Boost gauge installed:

Representing the local crew:

Got my 20% tint, got to go back for the front window though.

:driver:
Next should be clutch, trans oil, rear diff oil, engine oil change, spark plugs, and I might do the timing, just so I know what millage it was replaced at, even though it looks new.

Then after all this, I'll wait for spring, and get rims.:hy:

·
Administrator
5,195 Posts
Very nice DJ. Congrats on the new car. I'm sure you will enjpoy it. I have owned a few Soobys before and they are a nice car to drive. They can be a little expensive to own with fuel consumption and repair costs though.

I have been working on a twin turbo GTB at the moment and they can make you swear a bit lol.

·
Subaru/Ford guy.
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Thanks BBF,

Gas is expensive, as I have to run 93 in it, but when you don't womp all around town, the gas millage isn't bad. It's a 5 speed, so if you shift around 2000-2500, you can actually push 400 miles to a 15 gallon tank.

As far as parts, some things are expensive, and some things are about what a normal car would cost, the clutch is going to need to be done soon, but it's easy to pull and re-install, and if I can reuse or resurface the fly, it will only cost me $280 for clutch, pressure plate, slave, pilot bearing, and alignment tool.

That's cheaper then the focus was.

But overall, the best thing I like about this car, is the maintenance work. Everything is made to be maintenance friendly.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts