Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pete, had it dynoed yesterday. The red is with old headers from herrods and the blue is with the HM headers. Definate improvment!!!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
5kW at the back wheels ain't bad! I gather the rest of the system was the same (my memory isn't what it could be).

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Not bad at all...

so how long will it be before the next mod (modifcation bug will be biting hard shortly...)

·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XR8chic said:
Not bad at all...

so how long will it be before the next mod (modifcation bug will be biting hard shortly...)
Kelli,

The modification bug bit when i first got the new exhaust a few months back. It has it's teeth firmly implanted on my my butt cheeks!! Just been sorting out some performance issues with the exhaust i got originally. Now that thats all sorted i want to do a full engine rebuild, alloy heads, cam and intake to be changed. Maybe even a stroker in there somewhere depends on how long it takes me save....

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Jase,

Thats a good increase, good to hear you sorted your power decrease problem as well.
Are your new headers ceramic or HPC coated??
Not a BSR part el2xr8).:p :p

Geez now i'm worried that my recent 2.5 inch mandrel exhaust upgrade will do nothing to increase power. :redhrm: :redhrm:

·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Jase,

Thats a good increase, good to hear you sorted your power decrease problem as well.
Are your new headers ceramic or HPC coated??
Not a BSR part el2xr8).:p :p

Geez now i'm worried that my recent 2.5 inch mandrel exhaust upgrade will do nothing to increase power. :redhrm: :redhrm:
I'm not sure, i don't think they are but it doesn't really need it anyway. They are stainless though, with something over it i think it's just paint though but it hasn't discoloured or anything so don't know.
As for the power thing, what can i say??? Dyno figures can be fudged and you guys need to be really carefull as i have learnt. I'm not going to post my findings up here simply because of the people involved. I will say though that the place i get my car dynoed (they haven't done any work on my car) are very acurate and know their stuff. They do alot of porsche cup cars and can dyno a car in perth bring it over here and be accurate to 1kw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts