Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Owner Of Tommy Turbo
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 1992 Fairmont. It has apart from the obvious EL XR front end, a Sony Scorcher rear bumper(fitted after photo), HM stainless extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust system, K&N filter, lowered using pedders shortened struts up front and have also fitted 17X8.5 ROH ZS rims.(I want 18's).

Attachments

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
The car looks great mate, very unique.

It'll confuse the hell out of alot of people. Could you imagine speeding in that and a cop from behind doing a speed check warns a cop further ahead to pull over a EB/ED Falcon. :wink2:

How much did the conversion cost?

How 'bout some more pics and details!!! :nuts: :thumbup:

·
Owner Of Tommy Turbo
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It cost around $5000 all up.
Its actually been done for almost 2 years, I'm quite bored with it now. Gonna start winding up the motor(or rebuild one).

Attachments

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
She's a beaut mate, and with a Windsor donk it's even better. BTW like your sig there, i totally agree a Saleen S351 would be just sweet and will kill anything in a drag.

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi Rob,

do you have a pic with the bonnet scoops yet??

I love your car... it looks awesome. the scorcher bumper really does suit it.

:D :D :D

·
Owner Of Tommy Turbo
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah, its not a bolt on job. Inner subframe skirts, radiator support panel and battery plate from an EL need to be welded in. THEN the fun starts. Headlight wiring requires additional circuit, main aircon hose needs to be specially made to marry up EB compressor to EL condensor/dryer. Fan shroud needs to either be replaced or very carefully modified. Electric arial from the EB was as good as gone too. Just those little things that build up, you know. This is a pic of the old girl before the change over.

Attachments

·
Owner Of Tommy Turbo
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah mate, its a genuine Ford/Tickford part. I think it was around $450. That was about 2 years ago.

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Wow

Now that's a damn nice looking car.

Well done!

:evil:

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
that looks trick !! it looks a lot better than I would have ever thought ..the EL front suits it quite well..........

·
Australian XF Falcon Member
5 Posts
What the?

this aint serious is it?, have i been sucked in and every one else can see this is a doctored photo but it's just to make me think "what the hell is going on?,was just wondering

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
Doctored....mmmm....???

Botch Thinks its real and can be done.

I have seen stretch limos which have the NF /NL front end grafted onto what is basically a NA/NC body. So It must be possible to do EL onto EB!:p :p

·
Australian XF Falcon Member
5 Posts
Yeh i have no doubt that it could be done,i'm sure anything can be done,but that picture is fake,look at the roof,you can see some odd blurring,and about 3/4 along the front guard it changes colour,man i'm totally convinced that this is a fraud.But hey,i would be happy to be proven wrong on this one,post a few more pics,some close ups,and i may change my mind,but as it is now i can't take that seriously

1 - 20 of 29 Posts