Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quickly took this about 5mins ago, sorry about the quality of the pic. Car is pretty stock except of course for the 17s and lowered suspension. When I get a chance I'll try and take some better pics.

Attachments

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
I'm trying to persuade my son to buy an EB at the moment, he was wodering what they look like with 17" mags, so the photo is ideal, thanks. How do you find by the way?, do you plan any other mods?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Hey mate, Interesting angle on that side mirror. Must drive a wide car to keep those Holden guys at bay eh?;)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FordMan: I'm not sure what you're getting at there, car runs fine:confused:

TeeHee: 17s (or even 18s like XR8Chics EDXR8:D) look good. No mods were needed to fit the wheels on and I can even insure it with NRMA because EBGT came with 17 x 8.5". You have to lower the car to get the right stance, it looks like a 4WD if you leave it standard. When I first bought the mags my car was the first Falcon in Canberra to have that style. Now there are a swag of EBs with them.:fmad: I don't plan any other mods at this stage, it's not really worth it because for the money you usually end up spending you can buy an XR6 or 8 and at the end of the day it's only a GLI regardles of what else you've done to it. I was thinking of getting an ED XR8 front for it but very rare to get a second hand one anywhere and new ones are at least a couple of grand. Maybe I might go for the twinlight aftermarket conversion but I would like to see an EB or ED with one B4 I hand over the cash.

HSE2: Cheeky bugger!;) Some a***hole busted my mirror while the car was parked in my mates driveway. No doubt some jealous Holden owner!

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
Thanks for the answer Falchoon, you have probably done the most important thing, the suspension. If my son get an EB the first thing he will do is put mags on it, youv'e started a fine trend there!.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Falchoon said:

HSE2: Cheeky bugger!;) Some a***hole busted my mirror while the car was parked in my mates driveway. No doubt some jealous Holden owner!
Aw that sucs. Someone just walk up and bent it backwards in your own driveway so to speek:fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:

Hope they never scratched the paint?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paint's OK, the actual mirror is OK it's just the springs that hold the mirror head to the base thing that are stretched to the buggery.:( You can't buy just the springs, have to buy a complete mirror. Around $130 trade price, $180 retail.:fmad:
What do you guys think about these? How s*** do the Commodore versions look?!

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Falchoon said:
Paint's OK, the actual mirror is OK it's just the springs that hold the mirror head to the base thing that are stretched to the buggery.:( You can't buy just the springs, have to buy a complete mirror. Around $130 trade price, $180 retail.:fmad:
What do you guys think about these? How s*** do the Commodore versions look?!
Hi,

love your car.. (I always have liked the shape of the EB/ED hehe)

The twin light stuff just doesnt look right... Yeah - its cheaper then the genuine one, but I wouldnt put it on a EB XR - it will make your car look like a XR wanna be.

and if holden drivers want to be xr wanna be's... they should buy XR's instead of the twin lights..
:D :D

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
Nice EB!!

Me gots one of those things to with ABS and Cruise but the only mod I could afford was 15" EF wheels with hub caps. Six months after I got my car someone pinched to ford radio/cass out of it. replaced it with radio/cass/12 stack CD.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input Kelli and Albert.
Here's another pic of mine. Just in case you weren't sure what brand of car it is...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AlbertM said:
Nice EB!!

Me gots one of those things to with ABS and Cruise but the only mod I could afford was 15" EF wheels with hub caps. Six months after I got my car someone pinched to ford radio/cass out of it. replaced it with radio/cass/12 stack CD.
I wish mine had Cruise, next car will for sure. Sorry to hear that someone broke in and pinched your stereo.:( Hope they didn't damage anything else in your car. One consolation though is knowing it won't be much use to them without the pin number.;)

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
Falchoon said:

I wish mine had Cruise, next car will for sure. Sorry to hear that someone broke in and pinched your stereo.:( Hope they didn't damage anything else in your car. One consolation though is knowing it won't be much use to them without the pin number.;)

Thankfully they unplugged everything instead of cut it, but they just ripped the security screws out and had to replace the dash moulding it goes in.

And Cruise is a god send I'll never buy another (ford)car without it.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
cheap mod idea

my eb ghia has got XR sprint front blinker lenses. They are white in color and look xcelent. Genuine ones are about $80 each, but I can give you details on how to get non-gen ones for aroud $35 each. Also another trick done to my car is to fit AU fairmont Ghia side indicator lenses to front gaurds. You need to change the wiring though, depending on the type of globe holder you have. A little bit of bending and tweaking the light housing is also required, but well worth the effort. I think the lights cost about $15 each Genuine ford. I'll post pic here if anyone interested.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Botch,I'd be interested in those mods you mentioned.

Can someone photoshop some EF FTR wheels on to the pic of my car please? I am considering buying some and want to see what they look like on the car. Prices if anyone is interested is $275 ea for silver or *cough* $424 ea for chrome. Size is 17 x 8.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts