Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, but love my ED. Its got about 175kw we reckon,
MODs, 2.5inch Mandrel exhaust, K&N filter, Better Spark plugs, and best of all its a Manual, Its faster than my Dads EF2 XR6,
I wish it had an LSD though, cos it just lays rubber.

What do you think about this picture?

Hope the pic loads!

Attachments

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
***n awesome picture man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Nice!! :cool:

*cue Dukes of Hazzard voice*

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeha!!! :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Welcome aboard ED Manual..

Is your baby a six or an 8?? I'm guessing it's a six..
BTW.. that's a bloody great piccie you've got there mate... Makes me wanna go bush with the work AU!!

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a 6, sounds great though, has that nice backing off crackle.
In this photo I actaully jumped 20 metres or 60 feet, and was actually doing 140kmh. We measured where the tyes left the ground to where they landed again.
It bottoms out though at 140, 130 it lands fine but jumps only 15m, so for the photo that my brother took i thought id give 140 a go.
We tried this with an AU V8 fairlane and it bottoms out at 110 with just a bit of air. Its fun though.

Thanks for your kind comments

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
XR8chic said:
COOL!!! :D :D :D

ED's ALWAYS kick EF butt!!!

:p
Ahhhh dunno.
Welcome ED Manual, good to see that your havin some fun with your ED :nuts: , i'm too nice with my baby to air born it.

Mate your saying that you estimate the car has 175kw, thats a decent upgrade from the stock 148kw. You've got the same power as a base AU V8. Not bad buddy, have you measured it at the wheels?

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a big difference between same cars, ive driven heaps of fords and mine just goes hard compared
If I was to put a different cam in it with whats done already the guys at crow cams wreckon it would have about 190kw.
Suposedly the 4.0 from Eb2 and ED improve more with mods than ea's and ef's. Of course it has less torque than the V8 though.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah the Inline six's is a very under rated engine. I've seen an ED Futura with nearly 200kw calculated at the fly going from kw's at the wheels. Did you calculate your figures from the kw's at the wheels as well?
Reason i'm askin is cause i'm curious what your figures are at the wheels.

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ef falcon
I havent actually checked, its just a guess.
You wouldn't believe the difference when you take the airbox lid off!
I sometimes clip the K&N into the base of the airbox and seal the edges, and the instant power it has is tops, Can be driving at 40 or so in 2nd , floor it and get wheelspin!!, first is pretty useless, but with the cover on properly it doesn't have quite that punch. It sounds great too, the induction noise that is.
I think when you have a big exhaust, the engine wants more air than the airbox will allow.
I will check it on the dyno though one day.

S

·
0 Posts
XR8chic said:
COOL!!! :D :D :D

ED's ALWAYS kick EF butt!!!

:p
Umm not in six's we got 9 more kws at the engine than the ED's not to mention the modern interior and the exterior especially in the XR's :)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Theres no way id be attempting a jump in a stocko car with no rollcage or helmet :eek::eek: Especially after seeing a video of an Integra Type R in Canada doing a similar jump which landed slightly off-centre, and caused it to loose control hitting an embankment and flipping a$$ over t!t, causing the driver and passanger to be killed I think :(

If I had a website id post it up for all to see.....

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My jump seemed quite safe as it was tried a few times at different speeds and i can handle a car even when probably 99% of people would be out of control in the same instance. There is no substitute for practice.
Some people die from hitting the edge of a road, oversteering into oncoming traffic, when obviously any one with experience getting sideways would never have oversteered.

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Sideways_EF said:

Umm not in six's we got 9 more kws at the engine than the ED's not to mention the modern interior and the exterior especially in the XR's :)
:D :D I was actually refering to me kicking EF butt at eastern creek drags. (can anyone say 6 car lengths?) :D :D with only 5kw extra (at the time I only had 130rwkw, and the EF I was racing has 125rwkw) I kicked serious but. my best time was a 15.5, his best time was a 16. something.

Have you seen the interior of the ED XR's?? They are actually real sport seats (not the lounge chair things in the EF - AUII)
A mate of mine with a EF wanted to get ED seats, and got a price from ford for $520 per seat - uncovered !! The EF ones where $390.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
XR8chic said:

:D :D I was actually refering to me kicking EF butt at eastern creek drags. (can anyone say 6 car lengths?) :D :D with only 5kw extra (at the time I only had 130rwkw, and the EF I was racing has 125rwkw) I kicked serious but. my best time was a 15.5, his best time was a 16. something.

Have you seen the interior of the ED XR's?? They are actually real sport seats (not the lounge chair things in the EF - AUII)
A mate of mine with a EF wanted to get ED seats, and got a price from ford for $520 per seat - uncovered !! The EF ones where $390.
Kelli, i agree with you there the stock EF seats need abit more side support. :( :(
With your recent engine re-build your car should get in the 15's flat me thinks and possibly 14.8 1/4's. :cool:

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
Are the ED seats anything like my EB's ??

Ef_Guy do you remember mine... i'm pretty sure you've sat in them?

Its a Ghia so i think they're sport seats.....

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
back at ya

1 - 20 of 27 Posts