Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Just got some EL GT rims + Falken tyres fitted yesterday, super nice, can really notice that extra couple of inches of grip when turning into corners! Also fitted an AU Tickford Snorkle yesterday, which made a slight (but still noticeable) improvement.

Next step: Shocks/springs to really set off those GT rims nicely, and hopefully Stage 3 kit from Crow Cams.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
no side on pics??? can barely see the mags!!! :AAHHH:
congrats anyway on the puurchase! :hy:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a car parked next to mine, and I'm too lazy to back it out to take a side on pic, but here's a close up of the rear ;)

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
Very nice mate, congrats.

For all of our sake... back it out for the side shot lol

cheers,
Matt

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
r00na said:
For all of our sake... back it out for the side shot lol

cheers,
Matt
Yes do that please........... hehe

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
oh yeh and get rid of the front Mud flaps.......

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Looks good - but a better side on shot would be great!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also ordered some superlow springs from Whiteline today, will then save a bit more cash for shocks :) - I measured it this morning, a drop of about 40mm should look tops.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Sounds like it is really coming together! The side shot looks better, and shows how well the rims suit the car. The drop will give it a nice stance.

·
Finnaly back
1,124 Posts
I reakon those 2 colours (the blue n gold) go well together, nice overlander kit :)

haha jk, I hate how falcons are so high, makes me think they have a special deal going with after market spring companies to give them extra bussiness

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
Very nice Bio! Those ELGT wheels look great on the EF's. They really set them off! I had mine lowered before got my ELGT's And the lowering really looks bloody unbeleivable with those rims. Ditto about those mudflaps, Take em off, they wont work with the new springs anyways, otherwise, what a beautiful car! Enjoy it champ!
Cheers
-XR6child

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
XR6child said:
Very nice Bio! Those ELGT wheels look great on the EF's. They really set them off! I had mine lowered before got my ELGT's And the lowering really looks bloody unbeleivable with those rims. Ditto about those mudflaps, Take em off, they wont work with the new springs anyways, otherwise, what a beautiful car! Enjoy it champ!
Cheers
-XR6child
Thanks mate! Yeah will remove the mudflaps soon. Can't wait to get it lowered - my wallet is gunna hate me by the time I'm finished (does anyone ever really finish though? ;))

Must get the passenger side door fixed too (anyone notice the crease marks about 4 or so inches above the bottom of the window on either side? Damn theives).

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
another shmick EF :D
keep em comin' guys!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Superlow springs arrived from Whiteline today - woo! That was certainly quick, very happy with their service.

- (Fronts)

Next is shockers. What do you guys recommend? Stick with whiteline shocks? Or splash out on a set of Koni's?

I got quoted the following:
Yellow (Sport): $684 per pair (front), and $522 per pair (rear)
Red (Special): $534 per pair (front), and $356 per pair (rears)

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Coming along nicely mate. Can I ask how much the springs from Whiteline were? It'll look tops when the springs are in!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts