Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BA XR6 is only four months old. I have noticed an extraordinary amount of fine rubber being shed from the belt. When I raised this with my local service centre, they just siad it is okay it is just the belt settling in!

Well at this rate I expect to have to replace my belt within twelve months cause there will be nothing left of it.

I did recall a post somewhere on the forums about a Ford TSB which spoke about the misalignment of the power steering pulley and the rest of the pulleys which had a detrimental effect upon the belt. So if anyone can recall the post please let me know and more importantly if you know the TSB number it would be good for me to quote it to the service centre so they dont jerk me around.

The other issue is around creaking in the front end particulalrly under load and at low speeds. Whenever you turn the steering wheel it sounds like an old XE falcon! I know there is a Ford TSB for this problem also so would appreciate details of the fix and the number of the TSB.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
The belt and the creaking are well known. I don't think you should have to look up the TSBs - just tell the service guys to fix it and if they want to be difficult insist on them looking these things up.

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
Sorry, misunderstood, got excited because I thought you were going for some fetish look, with all these people starting to customize their BA engine bays.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Madder but it is a Ford not a Rice Racer!!!!! But if it was coated in rubber does that mean I would have safe six??????

·
Just hear the Exhaust!
72 Posts
coombesplo said:
Thanks Madder but it is a Ford not a Rice Racer!!!!! But if it was coated in rubber does that mean I would have safe six??????
Hahahaha. As long as you don't include "HSV comdoms" in that engine bay...lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts