Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
EA Ghia
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, this is my ea fairmont ghia wich ive owned for just under a year, and just had it lowered today so i took pics :)

what do you guys think

by the way its a 1990 series II EA fairmont ghia, picked it up for 5k two years ago

http://dre.t35.com/EA/

pictures are on there you might have to copy/paste into browser as i dont think t35 allows redirects

cheers

chris c

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
looks pretty neat. whats size rims are they? any mods yet?

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Looks good!

How low is that?
low or superlow?

·
EA Ghia
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its just 50mm lowered, so not superlow but low enough for me :) the rims are 15" x 6.5" just standard ef pursuities i thought they would look better than the standard turbo blades

only mods are full suspension upgrade (sway bars, struts, shocks etc) cat back exhaust, pod filter and cold air intake and LSD. next mods are get the motor rebuilt and looking at either s/c or turbo after its strengthened.

·
CRUISING
158 Posts
hey car loox nice, how much did u get it lowered for, been planning to get it lowered soon.. did u get a camber kit with it as well?

cheers

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Looks tops mate - 50mm pretty much is super low. ;) Sounds like a great project in the works, but you might find if you're planning forced induction, a transmission replacement or rebuild would also be in the pipeline. Keep us posted. :thup:

·
EA Ghia
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe 50mm is superlow but im used to on the bumpstops as super low :)

yea gearbox is one of the next to be replaced might just get the orig one beefed up unless anyone else has any other suggestions. I want to keep it auto.

i paid 250 for front struts, rear shocks/springs/swaybar from a guy on these forums fitted the rear shocks/springs/swaybar myself (about 2 hours work) and paid pedders to fit my front struts ($125) so i got out of it quite cheaply, the suspension i bought from here hasnt done many k's at all so im quite happy

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Nice ride dude. Reminds me of my car when I first bought it. (click on links below for pics of my car) Do you have plans to get some wheels for it? Put on a nice set of rims and the car will look a million bux. (click on Pics of wheels on my car for example) That colour is a nice colour complemented with a nice ride height (which you have) and the right set of wheels. Keep it clean!

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
Those stellies make it look VERY VERY tough. A bit like a E-series bracket racer drag car!

·
CRUISING
158 Posts
very nice.. is it hard to fit the rear springs/shocks in yourself??? any tips and tricks on doing it? coz i'm doin it on a budget as well.

cheers

·
EA Ghia
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for the rear shocks, jacked up one side at a time (did one wheel at a time) unbolted the top shocky nut, undid the main one at the bottom it just slides out the bottom of the spring (theres a hole in the spring bracked it can slide out of) then stood on the diff and pulled the spring out (same procedure but in reverse to fit the new ones, new springs slid straight in as they where shorter) took a good 2 hours to do all up but it was worth it, had a crack at the front struts but couldnt clamp them down enough to pull them out so had to pay pedders to do it for me.

thinking about getting rims but i think the steelies are different on a ea, dont see to many of them with steelies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts