Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is complete. A few very minor details left, but they're not even worth mentioning.

Bottom line: it's fast. The T5 REALLY woke it up and the GT40P motor is incredibly strong. I LOVE the dual exhaust and stainless headers.

I'm picking up 3.73s and a traction lock this weekend, to rebuild the rear end a week from this coming Saturday, to help liven things up. Even on the stock 2.73s, I absolutely smoked a modified V6 Mustang ten minutes after I got it running right.

150ish miles on the motor in three days. I've been trying to come off the throttle a bit so I don't warp the new clutch, but it's not easy when it sounds SO GOOD while I'm laying into it. I'm not launching or speed shifting, so hopefully things will be okay.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still trying to diagnose a power loss at 4,000 RPMs in first gear, but it's running really strong (and loud, thanks to the damn speed bump that snapped a catalytic converter open). Here are a few pictures, since I forgot to post them already.

Well... what do you think?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's part of a CAI kit I bought on eBay for a Fox Mustang. I swapped the intake filter for a huge K&N design. Don't know how to get the filter- a buddy who runs a Mustang shop donated it to the cause.

It's actually a warm air intake, though, since it's drawing engine air.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i made the same thing for my car.. pvc and a k&n cone filter if anyone wants to know specific details or pictures on how to do it hit me up with a pm.. not as pretty as the metal tube but it functions just the same, you can hear the k&n snort from the throttle body evertime you rev it and it sounds entirely different when you hit the gas.. only real cost is the k&N filter which is fairly pricy but hey its cheaper than the kit you would buy online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts