Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Very happy GT-P owner
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Finally picked up my rapid BF GT-P, 6 speed manual from McAlister Motors in Young NSW on the 16th Dec 05.

Been away so this is the first opportunity to tell you my first impressions.

Having done 4500km now, the car is just starting to settle and free up.

Very quiet at idle, but getting louder all the time when the noise pedal is pressed, and has a very very pleasant rumble in the background when cruising at speed.

The 6 speed manual is superb, I know the 6 speed auto is supposed to be the ducks guts, but for us manual-o-files out there, this gearbox beats them all. Ive had the short shifter fitted and wow, racing changes are the best, very short very precise, and the ratios are magnificent, accleration in 6th is eye brow raising. I love the whole package.

On the trip to Adelaide and back to Wagga over christmas clocking up 2886 km, returned a fuel consumption of 10.5L/100km, compared to my BA XR8 this is magnificent, very happy.

The Brembos are divine, absolutely no worries about stopping quickly, and they look great.

As far as I know over the christmas period there werent many BF GT/GT-Ps released and the interest in the car was overwhelming, most of the FPV dealers in Adelaide were still waiting for their cars, so we were getting stopped all the time for people to look at. And the thumbs up from people were everywhere. Even had people taking photos with their phones.

The interior is great, the leather seats are excellent, feels like sitting in a lounge room chair and my wife who never sleeps in the car, snored all the way to Adelaide. The satnav is excellent, there are a few areas that could be improved but over all a great addition.

The only gripe I have is a rattle around the drivers door area, I think its from the sunroof bits and pieces, but this will get sorted.

So over all I am very very happy with the GT-P, the drivability, and the audible and visable impact is great. Those out there who question the need for a GT-P, obviously havent driven one of these beasts for any distance, the GT-P seats arent in the GT so that is one very good reason for a GT-P.

Apparently not as fast as the F6s but who cares, I love my V8 GT-P.

Im a happy man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Nice write up! One day I will own a GT hopefully :driver:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
4,980 Posts
Nice write up GTP07S and a GTP would make me grin from ear to ear too.

That is very nice fuel consumption. 10.5/100 is incredible.

I was happy when i got 11.3 out of my XR6T lol.

I was in a Ford showroom when the salesman started a black GTP up for a customer and the sound in the show room was nearly enough for me to take out a loan and buy it on the spot. It just rumbled through the whole place and even at idle was unreal.
I'm sure one of them will be in my garage one day.

Enjoy your car mate as I'm sure you are.
 

·
Very happy GT-P owner
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Block Ford said:
Nice write up GTP07S and a GTP would make me grin from ear to ear too.

That is very nice fuel consumption. 10.5/100 is incredible.

I was happy when i got 11.3 out of my XR6T lol.

I was in a Ford showroom when the salesman started a black GTP up for a customer and the sound in the show room was nearly enough for me to take out a loan and buy it on the spot. It just rumbled through the whole place and even at idle was unreal.
I'm sure one of them will be in my garage one day.

Enjoy your car mate as I'm sure you are.
Thanks for the replys chaps.

Would love to put some photos on but not really sure how to do it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
GTP07S said:
Hi guys.

Finally picked up my rapid BF GT-P, 6 speed manual from McAlister Motors in Young NSW on the 16th Dec 05.

Been away so this is the first opportunity to tell you my first impressions.

Having done 4500km now, the car is just starting to settle and free up.

Very quiet at idle, but getting louder all the time when the noise pedal is pressed, and has a very very pleasant rumble in the background when cruising at speed.

The 6 speed manual is superb, I know the 6 speed auto is supposed to be the ducks guts, but for us manual-o-files out there, this gearbox beats them all. Ive had the short shifter fitted and wow, racing changes are the best, very short very precise, and the ratios are magnificent, accleration in 6th is eye brow raising. I love the whole package.

On the trip to Adelaide and back to Wagga over christmas clocking up 2886 km, returned a fuel consumption of 10.5L/100km, compared to my BA XR8 this is magnificent, very happy.

The Brembos are divine, absolutely no worries about stopping quickly, and they look great.

As far as I know over the christmas period there werent many BF GT/GT-Ps released and the interest in the car was overwhelming, most of the FPV dealers in Adelaide were still waiting for their cars, so we were getting stopped all the time for people to look at. And the thumbs up from people were everywhere. Even had people taking photos with their phones.

The interior is great, the leather seats are excellent, feels like sitting in a lounge room chair and my wife who never sleeps in the car, snored all the way to Adelaide. The satnav is excellent, there are a few areas that could be improved but over all a great addition.

The only gripe I have is a rattle around the drivers door area, I think its from the sunroof bits and pieces, but this will get sorted.

So over all I am very very happy with the GT-P, the drivability, and the audible and visable impact is great. Those out there who question the need for a GT-P, obviously havent driven one of these beasts for any distance, the GT-P seats arent in the GT so that is one very good reason for a GT-P.

Apparently not as fast as the F6s but who cares, I love my V8 GT-P.

Im a happy man.
Great wrap up!
I was sitting next to a BF GT Black with Orange stripe today at the lights in my XB GT and he was not going to be tempted (To kick my @ss that is) but the car looked absolutely magnificent although the colour scheme sounds odd it was very tough indeed, happy motoring with your new baby! :hy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
righto got the pics just then...here they are...nice looking GTs there mate...enjoy!!!















enjoy ladies and gentlemen
 

·
Horse-Power Hungry
Joined
·
215 Posts
Nice pics, Beautiful GT :hy:

Gotta be happy with that :priest:
 

·
SHAKEN, not stirred
Joined
·
115 Posts
Congrats, enjoy it....No doubt the grin is still on your face......


Regards
Paul
 

·
falcongt4me
Joined
·
17 Posts
You've gotta be happy with that...the BF changes in the body kit just add a little more menace to the car...a little bit of GT aggression. Well done, it looks gr8!
 

·
FF Moderator
Joined
·
2,202 Posts
Gee Terry what can I say she looks superb! Good to see another FPV on the Adelaide streets. As for the colour combo well I'm biased. Looks great next to the XY (is that yours?)
I can relate to you on the crusing, comfort and 6 gear acceleration mine being a M6 also and having the full leather interior. I would be interest to hear what the BF GT-P sounds like. Mine doesn't have the stock system anymore so it's been a while since I last heard a stock BAGT system. The two large twin exit tips on the BF look great as well.

Well done and the photo's look great! Have fun
Colville
 

·
Very happy GT-P owner
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CDAA said:
Gee Terry what can I say she looks superb! Good to see another FPV on the Adelaide streets. As for the colour combo well I'm biased. Looks great next to the XY (is that yours?)
I can relate to you on the crusing, comfort and 6 gear acceleration mine being a M6 also and having the full leather interior. I would be interest to hear what the BF GT-P sounds like. Mine doesn't have the stock system anymore so it's been a while since I last heard a stock BAGT system. The two large twin exit tips on the BF look great as well.

Well done and the photo's look great! Have fun
Colville
Thanks for your comments guys.

I absolutely love the colour, just stands out.

Was only in adelaide over Christmas, back in Wagga again, there is only about half a dozen GT/GT-Ps here, so they are pretty rare.

It is very quiet at idle, but arcs up very nicely and has a very nice rumble inside.
 

·
Very happy GT-P owner
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
fordgt19 said:
What does the BF sound like compared to the BA?
Its a fair bit quieter, to meet Euro 3, but sounds alot more like the older V8s has a real rumble, when you press the noise button, you get the best tone.

Sounds really good inside as well. Dont need a stereo
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
19 Participants
kontroversy
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top