Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ive just finished putting my new dash in and I thought id share it with yas.
For some reason my camera is a peice of s?!t in the dark so ive got one from my phone too, the quality isnt that that good and for some reason my check engine light stays on for no reason but you can see the colour better.

What i did was get a white facia with blue numbers from ebay then got some LED globes had to get pretty big ones for it to be bright enough and do some modifying for em to fit. But it turned out even better than i hoped, like i said the photos dont do it justice looks just like those illumanecent (hows my spelling?) dashes that you see. oh yeah for sme reason there is a white strip in the middle on one of the shots that ya cant see normally.

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
Looks quite good lit up.
Do you have the cluster on the brightest setting?
After messing around with it to do the mod I'm sure you know the light has 2 settings.
You've done well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys.

yeah JADED6 its on the brightest like i said the pics dont do it justice. but that would have been bloody hillarious if that was the case, or maybe bloody frustrating!!! lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
xm250... what price did you pay for the facia? did it come with the whole cluster set up? cheers mate. looks good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was $75 from ebay the cluster was not included you just get the facias. there are some sellers that do sell clusters and facias but they are up to about $200 i think

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Looks the biz mate!

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
JADED6 said:
Looks quite good lit up.
Do you have the cluster on the brightest setting?
After messing around with it to do the mod I'm sure you know the light has 2 settings.
You've done well.
LED's don't vary in brightness!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Ah there you go. SO changing the resistor should do sweet nothing now.
Mine looks better in the car, in person than on film. Bit hard to capture.
My cluster is white (full), black needles and mostly green backlights with some red where the car redlines.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LTDHO said:
LED's don't vary in brightness!
i beg to differ im sure my brightness changes when i flick the dash light switch

·
Seriously Disturbed
95 Posts
agreed, this is a well worth doing mod.

the guy who xm250, and myself bough this from, can custom make them too, with anything you want on it :) well worth the investment

·
I...DRIVE....FORD!!!
105 Posts
Disturbed_Dave said:
agreed, this is a well worth doing mod.

the guy who xm250, and myself bough this from, can custom make them too, with anything you want on it :) well worth the investment
really, i wouldnt mind gettin mind done but really dont wanna go and spend that much money when i can just something else, ive seen them displayed for like $100 - $200 which is a prity big rip, unless u can get them cheaper than that?

·
EF Series Fan
198 Posts
Man when you said blue dash I thought you meant you had painted the actual dash or parts of it blue! Lol. Thank God it's just the cluster. Do the dials light up too?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nah the dials dont actually light up, but cos the dials are white and the light is blue it reflects off the dials and makes it look as if its glowing blue. Like i said the pics dont give it justice ya just gotta get the brightest leds ya can to get that kind of look.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
-jjM- said:
really, i wouldnt mind gettin mind done but really dont wanna go and spend that much money when i can just something else, ive seen them displayed for like $100 - $200 which is a prity big rip, unless u can get them cheaper than that?
The guy that disturbed_dave and i got ours off only charged $75 which is the cheapest ive seen round, like you said most ppl charge 100 - 200 bucks

·
Seriously Disturbed
95 Posts
-jjM- said:
how bright we talkin and what brand or place can i get them from, they have them in packs at eastcoast in melb 4 like $6 each :s
the brightest you can find :p in my area they're actually hard to find, at the moment i just put blue globe condoms on the 4 at the top of the cluster, is doing a good job for now until i find some. theres a place on the net who send them out, but im sure it'd be more than the $6 you can get them for

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
-jjM- said:
how bright we talkin and what brand or place can i get them from, they have them in packs at eastcoast in melb 4 like $6 each :s
I actually came across mine in a bargain bin at a "motormate" in adelaide they are actually i think 6 LEDs in the one housing. but being in a bargain bin there was only 2 and i havnt seen em anywhere else. It was a bit of trial and error to get the right ones for the other 2 which is a pain in the arse but i rekon its worth it. ill try and find the brand that i first got and let ya know.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts