Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i have a 1976 tc cortina maybe td. It has the 200 ci engine in it.It has a 4spd topllosder but i think its a cotton real. extractors lowered and mags. The guy said it had a cam but i dont know if it is just running reuff wat is the easy way to tell

I want to put a new manifold and carby along with a good exhaust system
and more work on the engine allong with work on the interior ( THE SEATS ARE SHIT)
The body has a small dent front right quarter no rust tho
i have a bit of money to play with.

I appreciiate any suggsetions you have

thanks alot

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Sounds like a TD cortina if it was built in '76...

What about a 4 ltr conversion with the motor and gearbox out of an EB-AU falcon?

Or upgrade the motor to an Alloy Head 250 six out of an XF (ULP!), and a 5 speed.

As for seats, there are heaps to choose from - later model cortina seats just about bolt straight in (I've used TF cortina seats in a TD), or get some import seats as there are some around reasonably cheaply!

·
Registered
1 Posts
dont go for a 5 spd unless its a supra box, if you put in a 250ci p-ut the aussie 4spd single rail in. a good sounding exhaust i think is a 2 1/2-3"exhaust all the way through but for a nice note 2 1/2 with a 3 1/2 inch tip. my mate has his exhaust like this and it seriously sounds like a v8. for your carby try a 500 holly. if it doesnt have a cam put a lumpy cam. and try yella terra heads. and as for your seats get a set of S PAK seats out of an ea or xf they are comfy as shit and should fit right in or otherwise a few mods will be needed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers that fellas thatrs exactlly what i was thinlking but i only got 2500 to spend so where does that lwave me???
up the creek or not i need some prices thanks for the input tho>!

·
3,666 Posts
Are you able to do some of the mechanical work yourself??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can do some mechanical work but not too much

i have contacts tho

·
Steve-o
205 Posts
well my mates just done up a tc, he went the 250 crossflow, mild cam, exhaust balanced bottom end with a supra gearbox.....didnt cost him that much, still abit though, got 210 at the wheels!!! i guess thats not to bad, pity im looking into a 280bhp 2 litre zetec that will kill it

which raises my interest, if u can get 260 - 280 bhp out of a 2 litre, shouldnt u be able to get 520 - 560 out of a 4 litre?

·
Own the road
984 Posts
Here's a mod that will take you 2 seconds to do and cost you nothing.

Works on the XD/XE so should work for you aswell.
Unscrew the lid to your air filter and then flip it upside down and screw it back on.
It will create a seal with your air filter, so no shit gets in your carby, but it will also
leave a little gab around the edges of you air filter housing.

Take it for a spin and you will be amazed at how much better it breaths and sounds ;-)

·
3,666 Posts
gt69cortina said:
which raises my interest, if u can get 260 - 280 bhp out of a 2 litre, shouldnt u be able to get 520 - 560 out of a 4 litre?
Why not go for 500hp out of a 2 litre??? the cossie twin cam turbo will easily fit!

·
I speed
61 Posts
Just wandering if you were interested in the EA seats idea mentioned above couse I got a pair collecting dust at home. Out of an S pack in very good condition.

·
Steve-o
205 Posts
well EBXR i guess its coz i dont want an 8 second car!!! the quickest i want ins a mid to high 12....which this engine should get me....hopefully, i was thinking bout a sierra cosworth, but parts & expense killed the idea before it got off the ground

1 - 12 of 12 Posts