Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
FF Town Mayor
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just thought Id post something about my mods which I have been eagerly awaiting and which I have been getting questions about.

On the weekend I travelled over to Melbourne to get them all done. I got the JMM DEV3 BA kit which included extractors with HPC coating, 2.5 inch exhaust, hi flow cat, air intake conversion, performance plugs and the Unichip retune (I already had the Unichip).

There were some issues with the dyno. The JMM dyno read at 182rwkw on the day but when I returned home and had it dynod where I usually go, yesterday, it got 158.3rwkw. Im not sure what went on there but the JMM dyno was done with my car in second gear while the BDT dyno here was done in 3rd gear.

Basically, the car totally stock was 138rwkw. With the chip alone last week it was 143rwkw and with all the mods it is now 158.3rwkw. So a total gain from stock of around 20rwkw is not too bad. The guys at JMM did an awesome job. It sounds fantastic, not too loud and doesnt drone.

The guys at BDT thought that JMM had done an awesome job too and considering it was basically just exhaust mods, they think the gain is rather good. It feels better too, goes quite nice now. Im happy with the job done as I was expected around the 160rwkw figure.

As anyone who has seen my car knows, it sounded so lame before, so yesterday when I was giving it a bit of a thrashing and some guys on the side of the road turned around and looked and cheered, I found that quite satisfying!!!!! It actually sounds like a car as opposed to a sewing machine now....

So thanks to Jim and Brendan Mock for their work - they are top blokes. Hope to catch up with Brendan at Heathcote where he has offered to race my car for a run to see what time he can get!!!

Anyways, aside from the fine I got on the way home (5km on the Vic side of the SA border at around 110kmh) and the fine I got yesterday on the way to my dyno here..... I had an awesome weekend in Melbourne and Geelong.

Thanks to Shane (smciner1) for letting me stay at his place on the Friday night and for providing the "entertainment" as seen in the Captured Reptile thread in Asylum! I apologise for my lack of cooking skills that night too.... Eamon had the right idea with getting KFC instead.

And many thanks to Ben (460Fairmont) and his missus Jenni for letting me stay at their place on the Saturday night and for having that amazing BBQ!!!! I had an awesome night on the Saturday and it was great to meet a few new faces! And thanks to Cams290 for coming along and sharing his yoghurt truck crashing stories with us....

It was great to meet you all and I hope to see more of you at Heathcote and also it will be good to see what times my car can get....with a decent pilot of course... :wnc:

Jac

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Good to hear you are happy with the work Jac. Maybe now you wont crave the F6 so much...at least for a little while

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
sounds like it was a great time. well done on the mods, some decent gains out them.

·
FF Town Mayor
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Casper said:
Good to hear you are happy with the work Jac. Maybe now you wont crave the F6 so much...at least for a little while
Hmmm yes Casper, it will keep me amused for the next year anyway....

The F6 will hopefully come this time next year when my house if finished building, and I can get the car on the home loan. The time of the F6 will come... at some point! :wnc:

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Was a very entertaining weekend. The pipes on your car look to be a top job. your cooking is not too bad. I'll let you know if the Lasagne makes me sick at work tomorrow.

:angel:

·
Pro-M Distributor
401 Posts
Have you found a way to stop the car killing clutches Jac? The JMM kit will only make that worse...
Shane

·
FF Town Mayor
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MrLandau said:
Have you found a way to stop the car killing clutches Jac? The JMM kit will only make that worse...
Shane
He he yeah stopping the gearbox oil leaking into them helps.

I had it fixed a week ago so its all good. They just hadnt fixed it properly from the first time (gearbox oil leak) and it needed readjusting. Pedal was so far out that if I rested foot on it, it would slip. They replaced it under warranty, no issues....

Nice and hard, pedals good and its much better. Hopefully I can keep it that way for a year...

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
There were some issues with the dyno. The JMM dyno read at 182rwkw on the day but when I returned home and had it dynod where I usually go, yesterday, it got 158.3rwkw. Im not sure what went on there but the JMM dyno was done with my car in second gear while the BDT dyno here was done in 3rd gear.
Did JMM Do the initial dyno run in second gear as well?

Good results there, 160rwkw shows the new twin cam head flows considerably better, even with stock cams. I'll think twice before running you ;)

·
In Pursuit of excellence
855 Posts
Was great meeting some of you guys/girls on Saturday and look forward in cathching up on the Heathcote weekend.
Glad you all enjoyed the yohgurt truck(tm) stories, i will share some more of them with you on the FF weekend

·
AKA: Koala
114 Posts
smciner1 said:
Was a very entertaining weekend. The pipes on your car look to be a top job. your cooking is not too bad. I'll let you know if the Lasagne makes me sick at work tomorrow.

:angel:
give it time shane... give it time... :AAHHH:

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
I had KFC and some of your Lasagne. If I felt bad I would have put it down to eating too much!

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
2CUTE4U said:
give it time shane... give it time... :AAHHH:
Well, it is now after 6:00 pm and I am still okay.

/me wanders off to look for dinner........

·
FF Town Mayor
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ooooh so it seems I can cook afterall!!! Yipeeee! Either that or my attempts to poison Shane failed dramatically....

Re my mods, it APPEARS that since I got them my driveline shunt has disappeared. I just noticed it in the peak hour traffic tonight. First time I have been in peak hour since I had it done. Is this a coincidence or is there some logical reason for this? Anyways, Im not complaining.

Oh and I did actually set off some car alarms in the carpark this morning when I arrived at work!!! THAT I didnt expect because its not THAT loud... but there you go. Sounds good though, Im happy. Been listening to less of my CDs and more of the exhaust note actually, which is unusual for me. He he.

And I finally had the bug carpet removed from the front and its all clean. YAY! Accidentally did a fairly noisy burnout turning right out of the car wash too... he he.

Its all good!

·
Registered
792 Posts
accidentaly did a boisy burnout? :p
i can't wait till i can see this car, ur only 10 minutes away as well rofl

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
hi Jac, good to see you had you are happy.
the news gets better the SCT Advantage wich is other wise known as the Boss edit will work on all BA's..
it can edit all the nasty things out of your computer like torque reduction on your i6...

·
Registered Abuser
352 Posts
XRchic said:
it APPEARS that since I got them my driveline shunt has disappeared.
I thought I had a diff problem in my old AU XR8 (a knocking sound when reversing) but it turned out to be the exhaust knocking on the body. Is it possible your drive line shunt may have been the same thing?

·
FF Town Mayor
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thunder Kiss said:
I thought I had a diff problem in my old AU XR8 (a knocking sound when reversing) but it turned out to be the exhaust knocking on the body. Is it possible your drive line shunt may have been the same thing?
Well Im not sure. It definitely wasnt just noise, it was the whole driveline shunt classic falcon manual thing... which is ALMOST gone now....whatever it is, Im happy its gone!

·
XR8's are the chosen ones
86 Posts
maybe now you can beat that pesky AU1 Fairmont...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts