Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just came back from the pickles auction and got a new car,

its a '86 XF Ghia, Silver, EFI.... its is pretty good condition but needs new front rhs gaurd, front bumper, right hand Headlight, and maybe just a polish..

well i know u wont believe how much i got it for, the bid started at $50 and went off to $200 so i put my hand up to $250 and no one else bidded...

ill take pics when the truck brings it over...

oh yeh and wat a coincidence, the previous owner of it is a mate of xf6250...

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just remembered this is a pic of it from the auction website........

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i just remembered this is a pic of it from the auction website........

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Finally got the cam of my sis, here r the pics

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
LOL the last pic i took, found them in the car

ill get better pics of the side

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
Needs a good lowering job and some 225's on the rear wheels.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xf6250 said:
Needs a good lowering job and some 225's on the rear wheels.
yeh thats the first thing i thought of, the back wheels are currently 215's so thats ok and the front are 205's, how much would it cost for a pair of 225's or 235's

i was thinking getting chrome door handles like XF Falcon, how much did they cost?

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
fordmuscle_83 said:
Pics working now :)

Not bad at all!

Parts or doing up?

im pretty sure he is gonna do it up.....

he has a habit for buying cars at the auctions....dont ya A.H :p

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
LMAO, i didnt notice it myself yeh when i get my bumper changed ill take a pic with out it so its more like it.... LOL

yeh this is my final car im ganna start on doing up

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
XFTRBO said:
yeh thats the first thing i thought of, the back wheels are currently 215's so thats ok and the front are 205's, how much would it cost for a pair of 225's or 235's

i was thinking getting chrome door handles like XF Falcon, how much did they cost?
Buy spare door handles no matter which ones you get , as they break easily .
Looks in good nick for its age. How many k's on it ?

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fordhead said:
How many k's on it ?
yeh very good question, but im not very happy with it, its done 322,000 and i never knew coz of the cruize control its all digital and i cant start it up at auction...... but from the looks of it the engine is pretty good and i also found a service book in it and its empty, does that mean i can make up crap and put it in and show ppl if i wanna sell it?? and it had all these reciepts of when it had the GAS installed and and stuff, the GAS costed $350 and it was install 16/12/2002

It's all running now i only need to fix the damage, i drove it around the street and it has WAY MORE power than my other XF.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh yeh and i didnt tell u guys did i??
it came with no keys or remote for central locking, so i gotta make a remote for it, anyone know how much it would cost to make one and where?

and now u guys are ganna ask me how i drove it around the street with no keys yeh?? lol

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
XFTRBO said:
oh yeh and i didnt tell u guys did i??
it came with no keys or remote for central locking, so i gotta make a remote for it, anyone know how much it would cost to make one and where?

and now u guys are ganna ask me how i drove it around the street with no keys yeh?? lol

DAMN! I forgot what u told me.....but i know i was laughin at how you did it :D

322,000 aint that bad....my bro just bought an ED fairmont with 300,000 on it....it was all done with highway driving though....and i took it for a spin....DRIVES FANTASTIC! and i floored it for a bit....and it drives EXTREMELY WELL!

the slogan is true IMO....BUILT FORD TOUGH.

BTW...ill try get some pics of it....blackish ED fairmont.....factory sunroof...he will put his EF Xr mags on it soon too...

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
u can put a 235 on it no worries, but they bulge big time, 225's fit perfect and bulge nicely.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts