Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 1992 Ranger with a 2.3l 4x4. i was driving home and all of a suddon my truck just shut off and wont start. when i turn the key on i can here the fuel pump and i have no idea what is wrong. It gave no indication it was going to die. I think it might be a fuel filter or something. somebody said it might be the inertia switch does anybody know ware that is?

any help would be helpfull

thank you

·
Registered
917 Posts
Ranger Fan said:
I Have a 1992 Ranger with a 2.3l 4x4. i was driving home and all of a suddon my truck just shut off and wont start. when i turn the key on i can here the fuel pump and i have no idea what is wrong. It gave no indication it was going to die. I think it might be a fuel filter or something. somebody said it might be the inertia switch does anybody know ware that is?

any help would be helpfull

thank you
check the basics , fuel and spark , then timing..

·
Registered
1 Posts
is it getting a spark? it may be the module locatede at the bottom of the distributor.after the engine gets hot sometimes the will fail when hot. so check for spark as soon as it stalls.ckeck at the plug not the coil. good luck!

·
Always the student
1,739 Posts
is it getting a spark? it may be the module locatede at the bottom of the distributor.after the engine gets hot sometimes the will fail when hot. so check for spark as soon as it stalls.ckeck at the plug not the coil. good luck!

No distributor on the '92, besides this thread is almost 2 years old. Hopefully he already figured it out. :hy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts