Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the EL will be getting some little things done to it in the very soon future. So I thought I'd put up a pic of what it will look like! :s6:

And yes it will have that ride height :s5 All the black bits are getting colour coded and the mesh grill will be done by me. Those wheels are just bigger stock hubs buy the car will wear either EL GT or EL XR rims in 17 inch. And i already have gade 30 tint, dunno if i am happy with that!

Dont you guys recon the EL's look horny when they are low with a set of killa rims?

BTW mine is the same colour :s3

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Looks good mate!:hy: :cool:
6 or 8?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
The front end mesh looks the goods, reminds me of the Predator with the 230kw gas Inline engine.

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
What have you done to the front other than mesh it?
looks different

·
Green Falcon Driver
342 Posts
Yeah i agree with HSE2. The giant hub caps look the goods.
I really do like that mesh grill. Are you going to do it yourself? What material are gunna use?

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been playing around with the pic again. :s2:

The EL GT rims sure do look nice, I also like the new ride height better.

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
*drools*

yeah i love it :) :)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
XtRmn8 said:
I've been playing around with the pic again. :s2:
Much better.. I've always loved the EL GT rims..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
So true. Does look better but for standerd wheels 15 at that that wheel cover has been one of Fords better efforts.

So what s the story with the car. How close are you to getting the real thing to look like that?

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Springs and Paint (colour coding and compound) are getting done next week. The tint is done. I will start to play around with the mesh grill when i have some time maybe next weekend. After that all i need is the wheels, i got some quotes so i know where i stand!

Also other little things to improve the apperance! Even some holden bits LOL, the exhaust tip of a VX SS.

I wanted to put the chroome nuber plate suround and top of a Fairmont Ghia on too, but after i saw the price for parts (around 400) i think that might wait. Or i'll go to the wrecker see if i can find anything there. :s6:

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks on the positive feedback guys! Top stuff!!

Chris's_AU i live in Cockburn, mates rates sound awsome! :s6:
If its for the wheels I dont mind driving to save some money!

Thanks mate.

·
Registered
399 Posts
can anyone tell me where to get the mesh from ?

·
Australian EL Wagon Member
677 Posts
Xtrmn8 - sounds like you have the sedan version of my car mate (same colour, same vintage, similar tint! Good stuff =]) Hmmm, I still need the clear side repeater lamps and the fairlane side door mouldings though =\ Keep us posted with pics champ !!!

Cheers,
Steve

1 - 20 of 27 Posts