Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its time for me to ditch this roommate,,am i wrong for this??...

Ok a few things i am dealing with here,,this first one is the most important.

My roommate moved in not to long ago,about a month,so he pays his rent that is due to me.

He pays something like on the 12th or 13th ,,something like that.I then tell him that rent is due on the first,,i pay rent on the first,,that it is due on the first.

So the first comes around and he forgets,,so i tell him,,he remembers after i juggle his memory.

so to this day he still owes me $200.00 right,,

so he goes up to his parents house yesterday and somehow gets a check for $200.00

im like ok we are cool now.

but then he tells me its made out to my apartment complex
and that it can be used for next months rent,(due to the fact i paid rent out of my pocket ) and that he will go ask the office people if they will take it.
I tell him not to mess with the office people as they are my bosses....

so to make it short,,im going nuts here..i paid his half of the rent out of my pocket and now dont have the money topay for 2 very important bills i need to pay...what the hell am i going to do,,i just now yelled at him and told him that he needs to have that money tonight or we will be tallking about something else......

what do you think??

·
SOPOC President
105 Posts
Kick his ass out if he doesn't have the money and get a new roommate.

That simple. He doesn't pay, he doesn't stay.

Damn, I sounded like Johnny Cochran!
:s5

·
"Sweet Pea"
172 Posts
i would not put up with any BS...or he will end up walking all over you in the long run...just kick his ass out!

sorry to hear about your misfortune

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh i agree 100%
Tonight is his last chance, i will not put up with it..

How many of you would be willing topay your rent on time for the following options..

$500.00 a month gets you this...

Large Bedroom
Personall bathroom
Comunity Food
Cable internet access
Cable TV
Phone
Washer Dryer
TV in living room to use
Full use of Kitchen and Proffesionall Kitchen Supplies
Covered Parking
MP3 player to use in Living room w/5000 MP3's loaded
And soon a small PC for use in the Living room.

I have taken great pains to setup a nice place to live,and to make some money,i offer alot of cool things no other place would offer.

I wont deal with it for long,,um more like 3 days,,i have to give 3 days notice and i plan on doing it tonight.

·
Big Poppa
441 Posts
My brother pays me $300 a month to live in my house and he gets:
Satellite TV
Phone (caller ID, Call Waiting)
DSL Internet
Home Theatre (expensive and loud)
Whole Basement/Rec Room that he has set up for himself
1 1/2 baths (one w/skylight)
Gas
Electric
Water
A yard
Furniture
Washer/Dryer
Dishwasher
Smelly Dog
A dead prostitute named Linda that is still hanging in the basement that I have yet to get rid of

Now thats living!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fiveliter302 said:
My brother pays me $300 a month to live in my house and he gets:
Satellite TV
Phone (caller ID, Call Waiting)
DSL Internet
Home Theatre (expensive and loud)
Whole Basement/Rec Room that he has set up for himself
1 1/2 baths (one w/skylight)
Gas
Electric
Water
A yard
Furniture
Washer/Dryer
Dishwasher
Smelly Dog
A dead prostitute named Linda that is still hanging in the basement that I have yet to get rid of

Now thats living!

Yeah,,,,But your in Ohio..

See im in the best city in the country.....Seattle.

Now top that Mr.Fancy Pants:s6:

·
Probe GT Member
23 Posts
Good price, but I'm not moving ALL the way across the US to share a bedroom with you. You prolly hog the covers.
:bs2:

·
Big Poppa
441 Posts
Merlin said:

Yeah,,,,But your in Ohio..

See im in the best city in the country.....Seattle.

Now top that Mr.Fancy Pants:s6:

Yeah, I forgot to mention the fact that he also has the most boring city on the planet here!!!!
:HAHA:
My brother just gets off easy though!! (Spoiled youngest...)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Katkat said:
Good price, but I'm not moving ALL the way across the US to share a bedroom with you. You prolly hog the covers.
:bs2:
How can i hog the covers when im.........

Um never mind:s6:

·
Beefy Big Poppa
52 Posts
I had a loser roommate once too.. it was really sad, we were friends in high school too. Anyway, he was about $700 behind in rent, and the place was only $500 a month.. so like 3 months behind for him. I was paying my half. The landlords came and gave us an eviction notice. That sucked. I told his dumb ass I don't care how he came up with the $700, he had to come up with it. Well, finally on the last day I get home from work, and he's gone (he was a hardcore partier), and I didn't see the money anywhere. So I freaked out, I went and paid the whole $700 of his end (it broke me hardcore), I then took everything out of his room, and put it in the living room next to the door, it only amounted to a few boxes and a couple trashbags of clothes. He came in later that night saw all his crap and was like, what's up Vic? Well, I told him to get his crap, get the F out. So he did. BUT, he later showed me where he put the check. We had an old like 70's apartment, and it had a wooden beam right in the entrance with one of those wooden see through walls. Where did he put the money? On a tack, way up high on the post right by the door, so that if you weren't looking up at like 7 feet, you missed it. Plus it was only $250.. it would have gotten us some slack from the landlord i think, but I kicked his ass out anyway. He came back at like midnight saying he had nowhere to go. I let him spend one last night in the apartment, he was gone when I got up at 6AM to go to work. I later realized that he got away with the $250 check too!! ARRRRGH!! I've never seen him again to this day, 8 years later.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wasnt sure if i even wanted a roommate,,i know i wanted a female roommate and as a favor of a friend i moved in my current roommate at a bit of a discount from what i wanted to charge.

I will never do a favor like that again

·
Morally Bankrupt
101 Posts
You had better boot him out before long. He most likely already knows that his days there are numbered, and he is placing your toothbrush in various vile places as well as doing other just as appalling actions with your personal belongings. In fact you in all probability need to move out as well, you can never tell what this bastard has been up to.

G

·
Speaking of roommate strangeness, I think mine has either been eating too much lead paint or had gone into a middle age seneility over the last 2 years. he does all sorts of strange things like collecting everything of mine in the downstairs and piling it at the door to my room and stopped using the dishwasher so he does not have to empty it. As I was reading this post I am sitting at my computer. Just the desk light on, room door open(faces his room door so I have a straight shot out of my room to his room door). No tv or music on. Roomate asleep. He comes out of the bedroom and goes into the bathroom (off to one side between our bedrooms). Does not turn the light on and does not close the door and pisses. Whats up with that? I don't want to hear him pissing.....:crazy1:

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
i think both roomates might be both in the same boat.. :shrug: just my oppinion..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Psycho Dad said:
You had better boot him out before long. He most likely already knows that his days there are numbered, and he is placing your toothbrush in various vile places as well as doing other just as appalling actions with your personal belongings. In fact you in all probability need to move out as well, you can never tell what this bastard has been up to.

Well for starters this is a 2 bedroom 2 bath and we each have our own bathrooms.
I keep my door locked when im not home.
Being that i work here as well i am changing the locks here soon.I told him this afternoon that if he does not bring my money tonight that he WILL be out,I told him im not here to run a freakin half way house its a bussiness,i paid the full amount as i have been since i moved in,
I told this idiot that i can afford to pay my own rent with one paycheck and that i dont need a roommate to pay my bills,,so he is expendible.

Im not playing around i am taking care of it :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HA HA HA
I changed the locks during lunch and left a note taped to the door...read like this......

Tim
I changed the locks,I will give you 24 hours to remove your stuff or i will toss it.I will only let you get your gear when im home.I am tired of your promises of payment.I want more responsible people to live here,,you are not one of them.

Jim

He came back after i came home from work with a friend,,to tell me his friend was going to run to the bank to get the money for him.......

Well he has 24 hours in my book to either pay up or get his crap.....either one works for me

1 - 20 of 22 Posts