Ford Forums banner

My run with a V6 Cougar

7K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Aeglos 
#1 ·
For the record, I have a modded PGT with an ATX :rolleyes: wich is horrible off the line.........but anyways, on with the story.

Well, after looking for and failing to find a club out in the valley that was open last thursday, my friend and I began to drive back into town. Cruising along Sprague....Just passing the House Of Hose (that is such a cool place ) I notice a set of headlight trying to catch up. Well, because of road conditions (it was all torn up for a bit) it took him a while to catch up. The other traffic dissappears totally and finally he is next to me...Beautiful 00 Cougar, dualed exhaust 5 speed...dunno what else but it was well taken care of so *assuming* I/H as well. We are cruising a bit over the posted speedlimit-aboot 35 mph or so, and he blips the throttle and jumps ahead a bit. First time I didn't bite...My passenger and I were debating the finer points of autocrossig a 66 Corvair. The second time however, he got my full attention. I inch up next to him and then BAM! We both floor it! He starts off with aboot a half car lead, and I pull up side by side through 2nd. Shift to third...the IAT actually chirped the tires! We stay even well through 3rd...We finally shut down just over 100mph. Back down to the speed limit and all aboot the while no sooner, just over a little rise in the road....a police cruiser....that stops and turns around. We had a $5 bet on who he'd pull over first, but alas, it never happened. Again with another and a laugh aboot our good luck, and we were both on our seperate ways. Ahhh.....what a good night.

Note: I never ever race on a street that has any traffic on it. It was just the two of us on a wide, well lit 3 lane road at that point. It was as safe as a street race could possibly be...so don't ***** at me aboot high speeds on surface streets. Thank you.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #11 ·
Just for clairification:

I drive a 1994 Probe GT. It's got an automatic transmission. Funny think aboot the ATX in the GT, you can disable it's "luxury shift" on the tranny, and if you are really on the loud pedal, it will snap the tires loose. Very cool.

I just have bolt on's...a lot of bolt on's, and he at least had I/E...and possible headers.

In any event, it was very sweet. Impressed me quite a bit.

:hy: to the Cougar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.