Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Nitto Extreme 555 225/40/18 tires in the garage right now and some TSW 18x8 wheels ordered. They should be here in 2 weeks. I have rear clears paid for and they should be here this week. I already have the flip kit and I am just waiting for the lower/upper arms and coils to drop my truck 4/5. I should be getting the new front shocks at about the same time I get the drop kit. Wednesday I am going to order new ball joints for the a-arms and airshocks for the rear. In two weeks I am also getting a window banner for my ranger's front winshield. I am going to try to get the front bumper inserts (only on 98's I think) painted the color of my truck and the splash steps painted white. I am also going to try to make a mesh grill insert for my airdam and grill. I will hopefully get all of this done before a local show on April 14th. It will be the first show that I have ever entered my truck into. I don't expect to win anything, but just enjoy other minitruckers company. I hope that my truck won't get laughed at since I don't have any major body mods and I will still have the ground effects.:(

After all this I plan to save for a little while and then do some shaving, order a roll pan, mirrors, hood maybe, new bed cover maybe, and air bags before the end of summer. Wow! I have a lot of work ahead of me! I just wanted to share how I am doing with my truck.

Mark

I also plan to show in at least 1 other show in the summer. Wish me luck!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn man, sounds good!! Keep us updated!! Keep on smurfin!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow man that is going to be gnarly, I like the white step idea kinda addsa smurfiness to it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats cool!!!

That sounds sweet, take some project pics!!!

JTR :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE!

Hey guys, I just thought that I would give you an update on how my ranger is doing. I got the 18x8 TSW wheels wraped in Nitto Extreme 555 225/40/18 rubber on my truck. I painted the calipers and drums a bright blue and lowered it 4/5. I got the rear clears on and a matching blue windshield banner. I am going to paint a few interior, exterior, and engine pieces real soon. I am also going to attempt to do a little tweed work and I am going to order a billet antenna. I hope to complete all this by June 16th because that is the next show that I am going to. It is in Ashville, NC and Ranger911 from Ranger Forum is going to meet up with me their. Cya later guys!

Mark

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good job man. Hope you get everything complete on time, and do well at the show. Ever do any tweed before? Where are you going to put it? Was wondering because I've seen people post about putting it on dashes and such.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HELL YEAH! :) That sounds like it's gonna be a tight truck! Good luck with the shows, all I can say there is make sure she's clean all over, top to bottom and back to front, I've lost a few times because I didn't have the extra time to clean underneath my daily-driven truck and tire shine in the wheelwells can only cover up so much! :D Let us know how those parts go on, and take some pics for us!

Later,
Ben

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like its coming along great!! I gotta have mine togother by thursday night, leaving for a show fri morning, this outta be interesting.:cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hehehe Yeah Scott I been there done that, I had the blower, valve covers and alternator off the truck 2 hours before I was gonna leave for Atlanta for NOPI trying to paint stuff blue and clean up a bit of oil that leaked out of the drainback tube on the blower housing. Talk about some furious wrenching and scraped knuclkes! :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe he is going to cover his POOOOOO?

MazdaSOHC said:
Good job man. Hope you get everything complete on time, and do well at the show. Ever do any tweed before? Where are you going to put it? Was wondering because I've seen people post about putting it on dashes and such.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
1 Participant
CobraSplash
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing