Ford Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I have got around to getting some shots of my beast.
Its not in the best shape at the moment, but I have bigs plans.
Apart from some scratches, which you cant escape in 15 years of life, its in very good nick, only a couple of little dints and a total sum of rust that wouldn't cover a dinner plate.
All in all, it treats me well so I treat it well.

Oh yeah, excuse the bad photography, its not often I get behind a camera

Attachments

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A bog stock 6 pot, definately not something that you'd line up at the traffic lights.
It started life as auto, but no way could I stand that, about 3 weeks of ownership, in went a borgy single rail.

Attachments

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
(\/)ADXF said:
Last one.
excuse my cat.
I thought the cat was a hood ornament. :CraZ:

Very neat car.
:D

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.
I might try that with the cat. do you know any taxidermist's?

My GF is forever telling me to get a new car and not mod this one, but I cant let someone else wreck this one, it is in to good condition to let it go to waste, and it also has the sentimental value of being my first car.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Very nice ..... XF's are just grouse looking cars. And you'd be surprised at the grunt that can be had from your engine. The 6 out of my XF sedan is now going into my ute, and I can remember taking on a few V8's in my sedan and giving them a run for their money ...... until they worked out what gear they were in and left me for dust!

And I liked your cat too!

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suppose I better tell you my cats name hey.
well that kitty is Occy, named by my brother after Mark Occilupo (sp?) the surfer.

I remember my brothers XF. His was the same as mine but it had a 2" exhaust and was on leaded petrol. It got stolen one night and ended up in a cop chase and the cops wouldn't believe that it was a 6 until he popped the hood.

This is where I got my passioin for XF's.

·
Registered
593 Posts
My XF sedan was the first car I owned. I started to put a lot of effort into getting the duco up to spec, and then people started telling me what a great looking car I had. And then someone tried to steal it, so I locked it away for a couple years, and only brought it out for Sunday cruising. Then I thought, heck, why not a 351? Which I did just recently. And she goes great! Would love to see a line up/meet of decent XF's - good ones are just so rare, they're a pleasure to see ...... better than your dime a dozen off the shelf VN VT etc etc!

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
I also have an XF as my first car, it's kinda rough looking, but I love the shape and have plans to make a turboed version or a V8 version one day too ;) :D

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been trying to decide, which roue I am going to take, either turbo or V8.
My sig has said for a while that I will be doing it hairdryer style.
I recently went for a spin in a mate AU V8 Ute and boy do I like it, so I'm tipping that it will be a 5 litre V8 within the next year.

Other obvious mods are:
Lower about 1-1.5"
Fatter tyres on 16" rims
Possible window tint
And one day a new paint job the same colour as in this photo.
and maybe the same front bumper too.

Attachments

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Nice Cat....

:p :p

dont let him get to close to the car like my old cat did (after she ran through battery acid)
end result was kitty prints eaten into the paint...

grrr.....

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Heheh i have been right through the range from Turbo 6, to mildly warm 6, to EFI V8 and back again. Heheh I have also considered biding my time and putting a stroker 8 in there :rolleyes:
It all depends on what kind of work i can pick up in my holidays I guess.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DONUT KING said:
Heheh i have been right through the range from Turbo 6, to mildly warm 6, to EFI V8 and back again. Heheh I have also considered biding my time and putting a stroker 8 in there :rolleyes:
It all depends on what kind of work i can pick up in my holidays I guess.
Cool, I'm not the only one that cant make up their mind.
Those choices are exactly the same as the ones I have made.
Being a member over at mustang six doesn't help much when you see so many awesome 6's.

I have heard that if you want to put a stroker in you will have to get the engineers cert on a 5ltr first and then secretly throw in the 5.7 crank, cause the 5.7 goes over the power:weight ratio limit for an XF.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
yeah I had heard that too, but there has been 351 XF's built before (they just weren't a stroker) so I think it is achievable being open and honest, but is just that little bit more difficult than a 5l ;)

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only 351's that you see are carby ones, I have never seen an EFI 5.7 in an XF.
A 185kw 5ltr has about the same power as a 351 from an XE

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Yeah that is true, I had not thought of that. I could always get another XF that predated the 86 changeover to unleaded and run a carby 351, or i could do a straoker on the sly either way, I am far from making up my mind just yet ;)

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought of that too, almost went out and got a loan a little while ago when there was one selling just around the corner for $3500, then realised cost to mod with four cams and repair cost due to availability.
In theory it sounds good, very good, but as with all theory, it dont quite work that way.

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
heh.. Cant go past the classic look of an XD-XF Falcon IMHO. Its not just a car, its a piece of Australian History!

On the Modular motor conversion: Have you seen just how much engine bay space there isn't? Dont mean to rain on your parade here, but the space just aint there! I helped a mate do a head gasket on his XF and I couldnt believe the lack of space compared to the XD I own, like 2 inches less on both sides. I think Ford did this to stop people putting V8s in, as there are no notable suspension changes up the front between XD, XE and XFs to warrant this..

But all up its a beauty! Dont see too many XFs going around looking like that one, the mags really suit the subtle S-pack stripes that the XFs have..

must say i've got a real soft spot for the Redwood Falcons, its like years and years ago when i was really young, the family was going on a road trip.. and well, Dad cooked the motor in the Daihatsu van. We got a custard coloured Falcon as a rental thingy, I vividly remember sitting in the middle seat in the back and seeing the distinctive XF speedo, and there was A/C, and SPACE! what luxury!

If I had my way i'd get an XF Ghia, drop it on its guts, put 17s on it, like the fat 5 spoked ones on the XRs right now, have the EB XR lights and the XH grille.. hehe all when i've got money.. d'ohh!

edit: btw, how is the LPG setup running?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts