[img]http://www.fordgallery.com/data/500/4133IMGP0051-med.JPG

:s5
[img]http://www.fordgallery.com/data/500/4133IMGP0050-med.JPG

:s5
[img]http://www.fordgallery.com/data/500/4133IMGP0049-med.JPG

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Just love the EL XR8. What a presence and a fine example.
No need to change a thing!

Cheers,
Colville

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
that is a fantastic example of an EL XR! :D
congrats on the beautiful car :D

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
Nice, always liked the EF/EL Tickfords. Where those photos taken at the noble park tennis courts?

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VanGelder - Thanks for fixing up the links. I knew i stuufed up somwhere.

Like to keep the car looking real and no over done. Ive seen so many EF/EL xr's where people have gone over the top on making it look good. Might try and get myself a set of wheels, possible EL GT's, AJR or FR18. But all depends on price. Oh and photos were taken at a local tennis court north of melb

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Nice ride Thomas. You got any dyno readouts or qtr mile times in that thing yet?

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Love that model XR8, It goes down as one of my favorites

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
thats one hot car...was that an optional body kit or standard on the XR8?

Looks awesome!

James

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
Nice man. Wouldnt mind a car just like that one day.

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
love the car mate i think u should lower it a little more though and piss off that rear spoiler IMO but other than that it looks sweet say u would be paying a lot for the insurance looking at that P plate not to mention the coppers would be all over you watching ya

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Nice car man. Another P plater with an XR8! Good work Bud. I was loking at a few EL XR8's before I came apon a lovely AU1 XR8 that I couldn't refuse.

Coming out of owning an EL XR6 manual for a year and half I can say that they are a really nice car. I had EL GT mock ups so I can only recommend getting yourself some of those or genuine's if you can afford them.

Is your's manual? If you're coming to hathcote I'd really like to line up with you in my new beast! Happy Motoring mate.

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies guys. I Havnt taken the car down calder yet but id like to. Lookin at those photos, only thing noticeable is lowered suspension and tinted windows. Like i said i like to keep it under wraps. To tell you the truth, having the car for over 2 yrs now i have never been pulled up by a single pig. The tend to focus on the commodores around my area. Hey when is the trip to Heathcote on anyways?

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
nice car mate! the best of the E Series IMHO

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Hmm... EL XR8 - check! Heritage green - check! TwinSystem™ - check! Modified - check! Top choice mate, a man after my own heart, and a man of impeccable taste, to be sure!!! :s6: :fluffy:

Considered getting the red stripes colour coded? As soon as I have sold my 2nd car (the not-so-mighty Telstar), mine will be getting this done.. here is a photochop preview of what it may look like...

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
I think I prefer the red stripe (as original)to that other one colour coded,

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mr Sparkle said:
Hmm... EL XR8 - check! Heritage green - check! TwinSystem™ - check! Modified - check! Top choice mate, a man after my own heart, and a man of impeccable taste, to be sure!!! :s6: :fluffy:

Considered getting the red stripes colour coded? As soon as I have sold my 2nd car (the not-so-mighty Telstar), mine will be getting this done.. here is a photochop preview of what it may look like...

I looked into getting the sripes color coded but decided against it. I kinda prefer the red stripe. Makes the car standout more, where as without the stripe, it could pass by as a normal falcon. I think ford actually released a few xr's with a coloured stripe at some stage. Dont know if im rite tho

1 - 20 of 32 Posts