Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was T-Boned at a intersection in Carlton and the car is now a write off :( When i saw the other car coming towards me i completely sh!t my pants .
The car was only 9 months old and now it is gone.
I was'nt seriously injured in the accident and i was able to get out of the car and see if the other person was alright which he was. The funniest thing to come out of it was that i washed the car 30 minutes before hand which took me 2 hours to do .
Now i'm going to buy a sh!t box and then buy a 5.7 stroker T-Series later in the year. Oh yeh baby :D
I suppose all the guys on LS1.com will be happy after the XR8 that beat a VX SS is now destroyed :wink2:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Damn sorry to hear that :(

Good to see that your alright.

Did you get any pics of the wreck?

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i didnt. I did'nt have a camera with me . I did'nt think about it after having a accident like that.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Bummer but I guess its be good time for the engine upgrade. maybe even a VX

Least no one was hurt...

What was the other car ?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Sh*t mate, that's bloody ordinary.. Glad you're ok, that's the main thing. Cars are replaceable, people aren't..
Good luck getting the stroker!!.. out of everything bad comes a good result.. :thumbup:

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
OH ****, you poor fella... I know exactly how you feel, I smashed up my AUII in March, but it luckily was fixable.

Do you know who's fault it was? Are you insured?

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yeah mate you have my sympathy too! But as the lads have said, the main thing is that you yourself aren't in the same state as the car. Also, if you can save the pennies and collect the insurance money and put them towards a stroker, then something nice will definitely have come out of it! :D

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Sorry to hear that GMS00, atleast your ok!

strife said:
Bummer but I guess its be good time for the engine upgrade. maybe even a VX
Well he did mention getting a sh!t box, so good suggestion:D ;)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
JEM said:
Well he did mention getting a sh!t box, so good suggestion:D ;)
LOL!!... Good one!!.. hehe.. Hell any Holden falls into that category doesn't it?.. ;)

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Ford Man said:

LOL!!... Good one!!.. hehe.. Hell any Holden falls into that category doesn't it?.. ;)
yep, but I think we better pull our necks in before the LS1.comers throw a wobbly again:p :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Good point.. :D Bah! they'd say the same about us so it's all cool.. :cool: Besides we've got bragging rights until next round of the SCS anyway.. ;)

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
:p water of a ducks back there is lots of lines for this thread but problably not appropriate..I would be devastated if it was grungy

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Damn that sucks. At least you weren't hurt.
Hate to see a good piece of machinery like that go to waste though. Bring on the stroked T series :D

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
gms00 said:
I was T-Boned at a intersection in Carlton and the car is now a write off :( When i saw the other car coming towards me i completely sh!t my pants .
The car was only 9 months old and now it is gone.
I was'nt seriously injured in the accident and i was able to get out of the car and see if the other person was alright which he was. The funniest thing to come out of it was that i washed the car 30 minutes before hand which took me 2 hours to do .
Now i'm going to buy a sh!t box and then buy a 5.7 stroker T-Series later in the year. Oh yeh baby :D
I suppose all the guys on LS1.com will be happy after the XR8 that beat a VX SS is now destroyed :wink2:
Sorry to hear about it mate. Were you turning? What was the exact circumstances, did police attend? Just curious.

Jas

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Re: Re: My XR8 is dead

VilkasMaximus said:
Sorry to hear about it mate. Were you turning? What was the exact circumstances, did police attend? Just curious.

Jas
Stupid question - it MUST have been caused by speed 'cos that's what the police say..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was waiting to turn right in the middle of the intersection and the other car went through a red light and hit the right side passenger door and rear quarter panel and now the chassis is now like a banana. I was pretty lucky as the car nearly hit my door and with that impact i would think i would be in hospital right now with a couple broken bones, or more.
With my insurance it is getting processed right now and waiting for a response. I hope they won't be pricks and deny my claim.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
If the other bloke went through the red light, shouldn't it be his fault, thus not causing you to worry about your insurance?? It should be on his head shouldn't it?? :confused:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
GMS00:
You go on down to the smash shop and take photos before they take the car away. Then post them for all to see how lucky you are!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts