Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a problem or a nuisance, but I'd just like to know what it is.

8/88 EA S 3.9mpi, stock as far as I know, gives a single short electronic beep occasionally. Can do it several times in a day, and not do it for days. Happens with radio on or off. Seems to come from centre or left dash area rather than door speakers, but so short I can't be sure. Haven't noticed anything else associated with it.

Any ideas?

·
Australian Ford Member
57 Posts
Does your car have a trip computer? If so, it will beep when it gets down to 80km left to go on fuel.

Cheers, Dak.

·
Super Moderator
3,715 Posts
Beep

My NB Fairlane used to do this just before the alternator regulator failed and before one of the self levelling shocks sprang a leak. So I would auapwct a fault of some type that sets of the warning beep but not so bad as to turn a warning light on.

·
Super Moderator
3,715 Posts
PS If you're very quick you may also see a warning light on the dash glow briefly; so quick you won't remember which one it was. Get the missuss or someone to glue their eyes to the dash while you drive around waiting for a beep.

·
Australian Fairmont Member
23 Posts
EA S

Just a thought with the mystery beep --- perhaps you have electrical problems which may also eventually solve the problem you had on your last post about "rom/kam error".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts