Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, so quick summary to start. I have a 2002 mk1 ford focus 1.6 petrol. About 94000 miles on the clock, bought it at 90k ( have did 4000 of those since November due to commuting an hour to work ) . Now the car has had its issues. The original ( yes from 2002 lol ) spark plugs and whatnot failed back in December and were replaced with new ones by the garage, however due to ridiculously bad, wet weather and flooded roads to the point of being underwater the newer ones failed. Thankfully they have been replaced for free by my mechanic. It has been serviced and no leaks present. Last night however there was a loss of power very similar to a misfire before the solid EML came on. The car itself though reverted to normal. This morning I took it to the garage, they plugged it in and found ALARM SENSOR was what was causing the EML. It has been reset now, no problems electronically or mechanically from what I feel. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue or ever heard of this issue ? And secondly I have noticed if the car hasn't been used in a day or two that, upon turning the ignition on and the car starting up, the idle feels very rough to the point of the revs sitting above 1 and a very slight shuddering in the car. However after a bit of driving it seems to settle itself to the point that the only rumbling is the from normal engine running sound with no slight shudder or rising of revs slightly . To clarify, car is in ridiculously good nick in general, not just for an older model. Been told by several mechanics and my father who's a bit of a petrol head. Grateful for any suggestions 馃檹 :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I know that is a long winded post, but it was actually a struggle to condense it down. Hence the bad grammar . Hope some of you find it readable....馃槀thanks again.

Super Moderator
Never heard of alarm sensor causing that fault .When the car is started again after lying or from cold the ECU richens the mixture , increasing the idle as needed till engine warms up . Just like using the choke on older cars .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts