Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guyzz i realize now i should have opted 4 xr6t

anyone tried fittin turbo into their na xr6?

i was just wonderin if it is possible...

thanks

·
Registered
847 Posts
I guess you could buy the manifold and turbo from ford but say goodbye to your warrenty unless you can swing a deal with ford to fit it and treat it as and xr6turbo but it would cost a bit.

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
The N/A XR6's fetch a reasonable price in the private market as demand is strong. Alot easier and much better option to sell the car and upgrade to the T.
If this is not an option visit Mr Herrod for a chip, exhaust and intake as that really livens them up. Around 220 kw is not out of the question and would cost less to achieve than the cost to upgrade to the Turbo. It may not be as fast, but it would be comparable to the 220 V8 in terms of out right speed, maybe even faster

Sounds like you really need to decide if you are willing to try and enjoy your car for what it is or alternately release your frustrations and bite the bullet on the upgrade to the XR6T.

Cheers,
Colville

·
Registered
364 Posts
CAPA dont have a supercharger kit for the BA yet do they? Im sure they're investing most of there time in the turbo. A blower would put out some awesome numbers though and be cheaper than the turbo parts to source.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
I'd love to be next to a xr6T in a normal BA xr6 with the capa superchrger... give it a few revs and suck him in for a drag at the lights... love to see his face when he reads the back of the car only to realise its "only" a xr6... priceless!!! :muha: :HAHA:
if only he knew....

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
does anybody know if the basic long motor for the na XR-6 is the same as the TURBO

regards
rod

·
Registered
230 Posts
G'day twicedarisk!

Haven't heard from you for a while. My advice is to trade in your XR6 on a stock standard Toyota Tercel. I have a good one you can have for free, I won it as a prize for driving so slow against a Volvo S60 T5.

Unfortunately this Tercel is not stock, having many desirable modfications such as the 20mm exhaust and 25mm throttle body. The fuel pressure regulator has been adjusted to decrease the amount of fuel delivered under all conditions.
These (and other) modifications mean I can now drive flat out everywhere without risk of speeding (or even moving sometimes).

If you get a XR6T could you please let me know so that I can cancel my next trip to Fiji. If I knew you had an even faster car my poor old heart might fail if I came across you on the highway.

By for now from dear old grandpa Supermono :jester:

·
Master Tech
72 Posts
XR6 Turbo has different pistons, conrods and also does away with the broadband inlet manifold.

·
Registered
364 Posts
CAPA dont have a kit on their website for the TWINCAM BA xR6 only the last AU VCT XR6. They quote 270kw for that old sohc thing so you should be getting 300kw easily out of the BA (just guessing).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts