Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RACING INTO IMAX® THEATRES IN MARCH 2004

Experience NASCAR like never before through the magic of IMAX 3D technology. With NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience, you'll be transported into the driver's seat of North America's most popular spectator sport.

NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience goes behind the scenes of the races to uncover the science, technology and teamwork that make up this preeminent sport. Meet the revered drivers as they compete for the coveted checkered flag. Discover the technology and underlying physics that drivers depend on and meet the millions of passionate fans who are devoted to this exciting sport.

Click for trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/stock_car_imax/

·
Master Tech
72 Posts
Well I actually attended the race at Michigan International Speedway a week or so ago. I'm not a huge NASCAR fan but watching/feeling 30 odd cars with 800+ HP revving at 10,000rpm really makes the hairs stand up on the back of the neck. As for the crowd, well over 100,000 people in attendance. All in all it was a great day as Ford came in 1,2,3. So as good as IMAX is, I'll bet it dont beat the real thing.

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
damn no IMAX near me. looks awesome to say the least. watched it on high res and it kicked arse!!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
i have seen the Nascar 3D movie at Imax in Carlton & thought it was a great show, the only problem is like all shows at the Imax Theatre's its to short & the goggles get anoying after a while

regards
rod

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
so its already been??? its not next year??

DOH!!!!

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I'm off to see it tomorrow and looking forward to it.
Russ

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I loved it, saw it last night. Just make sure you don't drive to the theatre with your TQEs or other cylinder deficient softie mobiles because after hearing the NASCARs you'll be very very sad. I also guarantee that you will get a new perspective on racing in a circle because I simply LOVE the NASCAR series for entertainment and spectacle.

I give the doco 4 stars only because the goggles are annoying at the 30 minute mark, it didn't have enough car footage, and it was a little American-corny.

AP>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts