Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while driving on the highway I've noticed that there was lack of power at WOT and it seemed like something was cutting the power (car was almost jerking), but when speeding up slowly everything was fine.

I tried the same from a stop light, if accelerating "normally" everything was fine but if I pushed the gas pedal down there was hesitation..then later check engine light came on.

I had similar problems with a few different cars before and it was always spar plugs/cables..does this sound like same problem?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 'check engine' light means that a trouble code has been detected. If you do not have access to an OBDII code reader, some parts stores will scan the codes for free. Read the codes, and post them in this thread.

OBD-II Trouble Code: P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1)

Do the symptoms presented with this code sound familiar?:
You will more than likely not notice any drivability problems, although there may be symptoms such as a lack of power, detonation (spark knock), and/or a hesitation/surge on acceleration.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds right, when driving normally everything is fine, I only notice problems (lack of power/hesitation) at WOT (when accelerating rapidly).

I'll go to the dealer tomorrow so they can check the code.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try that first tomorrow. Is there another name for the electric contact cleaner?

I guess places like princess auto should carry that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts