Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've got an 1991 5l nc fairlane which has recently started running funny at times, on start up it runs fine, you can drive for 2 hours and it will still run fine, as soon as I turn it off then on again it has a constant miss, struggles to rev and loses most of its power but then around 1 hour of driving like that and it will be fine again, if I start it and turn it off before its at operating temp it will start fine and run fine again, any ideas?
I've changed
-dissy cap
-leads
-plugs
-rotor button
-Temp sensor
-ignition module
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,872 Posts
Have you checked for fault codes? Your car may well be able to tell you what is wrong with it. See Ford Ford EFI - pictures of diagnostic connector locations for how. Also next time in happen see if removing the fuel cap makes any difference as the one way valve that lets air in but not fuel or fumes out may have failed. If air can't get the fuel pump will struggle to overcome the vacuum created in the tank when air can't get into the via the valve. Those 5 litre V8 were F series truck engines from the Windsor Canadian plant and were extremely reliable in the NC Fairlane.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts