Ford Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
really?
i havent had any problems with my trans. i tow a lot with it also.
the box was rebuilt 2 months before i got the car, and i manual shift it sometimes too, and it hasnt given me the slightest trouble in the 2 years of hard thrashing ownership.

its about to get a good service and a 2500 stally to go with the new engine

·
APV SR3900
312 Posts
grandfather has a 92 NC V8 ghia with 95k on the clock... lol

SLS is a bitch, electric window *switches :O* had a problem at one point.. central locking common problem.. his had a rare ABS problem which took something like 9 years to iron out where driving like normal the pedal would go rock hard and you wouldnt be able to stop.

nice car though..

·
Registered
120 Posts
santoitaliano said:
grandfather has a 92 NC V8 ghia with 95k on the clock... lol

SLS is a bitch, electric window *switches :O* had a problem at one point.. central locking common problem.. his had a rare ABS problem which took something like 9 years to iron out where driving like normal the pedal would go rock hard and you wouldnt be able to stop.

nice car though..
ABS problem. Did some of the NC's have ABS? I know mine doesn't.

·
Registered
792 Posts
i have a 5/'92 NC fairlane ghia V8 and the thing is ****ing awesome... 195k on the clock... SLS was removed long before i got the car... the interiro is pretty damn nice.... no major problems yet... only had a thermostat housing gasket go and i have another leak from a pipe running between the valley which im going to have fixed up soon
other than that I LOVE IT!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys I know This is an old feed. However I thought I'd see how everyone is going with their fairlanes.... I about to go buy one a 92 LTD DC V8.

Any other common problems to search for apart from the above?

I'm expecting issues with the car as it's cheap.. I'm getting it to do a full restore on... picking it up for 1k. Can't wait!

·
Super Moderator
8,360 Posts
You hit the nail on the head with the feed's age, might want to open a new one.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts