Ford Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 07 Grand Marquis GS 225/60/16 with Cooper Evolution's on them that are needing replacement. I've been looking at Goodyear All Seasons, but I'm not absolutely certain. The car has around 90K and in real good shape and I intend on keeping it for a while. I'm looking for a mid-range tire. Not Michelin but not Milestar either. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I've heard mixed reviews on the Goodyears. I like the Continental Contact Pros. What tires do you have on your Marquis if you have one?

· Super Moderator
2,252 Posts
I have an '05 CV Sport with, as you have probably guessed, 235x55x17 Michelins. My Mustang GT came with Pirellis, one had a tread separation at about 10,000 miles. Pirelli would not warranty the tire unless I went back out onto the freeway in 80 MPH traffic to get the rest of the tire. I replaced then with Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4's and never looked back. I also replaced my '08 Shelby's Goodyear F 1's with Michelin As4's. It is not often that a tire makes a marked difference in the way a car handles, but I can honestly say that the Michelins did. I also have Michelins on several P/U trucks, a motorhome and Michelin cup tires on a 350 R. I have never had a Michelin tire fail in 50+ years of driving.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, at this time, Michelins are not in my budget. I've done plenty of research and have narrowed it down to either Hankook Kinergy or Uniroyal Tiger Paws. I don't drive much nowadays. The Coopers have been pretty good over the past five years and I've driven it everywhere including through the Mountains. We'll see though. May catch a rebate. Thanks.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have had good luck with Cooper and Continental for several years now. Price wise they seem to be competitive with most other brands. It may boil down to what tire shop you use, and what they sell.

· Super Moderator
2,252 Posts
Unfortunately, at this time, Michelins are not in my budget. I've done plenty of research and have narrowed it down to either Hankook Kinergy or Uniroyal Tiger Paws. I don't drive much nowadays. The Coopers have been pretty good over the past five years and I've driven it everywhere including through the Mountains. We'll see though. May catch a rebate. Thanks.
I understand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts