Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to look at a 96 F350 XLT W/ 60k miles gas 5.8L.trailer tow pkg,plow pkg.owner claims never worked.i checked kbb for pricing and kbb seems 4k below asking price.is this accurate?also,anything besides the ordinary i should be paying special attention to on this vehicle?anyone w/ info on this would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I don't know about pricing but i beleve the 96's were a good truck. If its been well looked after, 60000 miles seems pretty decent. They should go at least 200 k miles and still run strong.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Your best bet is to pay the 40-50 bucks and get it checked out by a professional mechanic before buying it. Almost all large shops offer some sort of buyer's inspection deal where they look it over and tell you what needs fixing. You can then take the list back to the owner and get the price down to what it's actually worth.

If the buyer refuses to allow you to have it checked out, take a walk and don't look back. There are tons of nice vehicles out there. Do your research and cover your own behind. The patience and caution will pay off in the end.

·
97 F-150 XL 4x4
799 Posts
yes i agree to have it checked out from top to bottom by someone who knows how to look for problems.
the last thing you want to do is take over someone elses headaches.
aside from that the truck should be a really good investment and if you get all the extras with it for a decent price you should be appreciative.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts