Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ambrose 2003 Champion!!!
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find out what amp, for under $500, will be the best at powering my two Pioneer 10” subs? So far I have been recommended the Alpine MRP-M350, or the Coustic 401DB Monoblock. Which would be better out of these two, or has anyone got any other suggestions? The subs are rated at 350wrms. Thanks.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Are they going to be run in series or parallel, if you got a amp load stable at 2 ohms you could go in series.

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
Have you thought about running a 2 channel and bridging it? Previously, i was running an alpine d class mono (it was stolen), and im now getting more power out of a clarion 2 channel (bridged, 2 ohm load), plus, it cost half the price. Just an idea.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My amp will be powering a similar setup soon, It is a clarion V-Net 4100, i will be bridging two of the channels and using that to power the twin 10" subs i will be purchasing within the next week or two. Only problem is i have to get some higher grade subs (shitty kickers will apparently blow under that power) make sure that you get an amp that is matched to the subs you have, I would say that 200w rms would be the upper limit to power both of them.

I was told pioneer VCCS 10"'s would only just be alright to handle the 200w rms that i will be putting in. Not sure if you have them or their better 10" 's though.

·
EA-S MPI 5-Speed
403 Posts
ok, i rekon go for one of these
http://www.strathfield.com/Product.asp?ProdID=82

they are $229 and when bridged will give you areound 200wrms to each driver.(at 4ohms)
and will use less than 1/2 of your $500 budget =)

the difference between 200wrms and 300wrms is minimal. so u save alot of money and you have no chance of blowinf up your drivers, just dont wreck the amp =P

·
Registered
14 Posts
why not try a Response 4x100WRMS car amp.... havent used one yet myself but ive got a mate who works as an installer, an he say there great. they bridge out to 2 x 300 WRMS so they should put your subs through there paces....and if u go here u can get them for ~$355 ----> http://www.advanceae.com.au/

·
The Peoples Goalie #30
29 Posts
Turbo 6 : I've have a response 4*100wrms amp and i'm running two 10" pioneer vccs subs with it (bridged like Blue XF said). These subs are rated @ 250wrms i think and the response amp handles them really well. Goes great and i doubt you'd get a more powerful amp for the price...unless maybe u went second hand. If the box is well made and the amp is setup right you should have some nice bass with this setup. Unless you wanted to go for a name brand then whatever a decent car audio place suggests, i spose......not boss tho......i said decent.

·
NON TURBO XF....
240 Posts
can i ask a question while on this topic...i have a 12" Cerwin Vega Stroker Series sub (dual voice coil) which is supposed to run 1000wrms and 1500w max along with 3cuft of box space. can someone recommend an amp for this? i was once recommended a Clarion amp (forget the model but it was around $1100)

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
BLO GNH, you gunna need a pretty decent amp, have a look at the Alpine range, the MRD-1000 will do the job nicely. Also have a look at the cadence range, not sure on model number but they have an amp suitable to run the stroker. Orion has some awesome amps but they are some serious dollars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts