Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a motor for my 87 E150, It now has a worn out 5.0 EFI. What will fit and where can I find something? What is the year range that will work? (usually better to put in a later model if possible) I would even prefer a 351 over the 5.0, is that possible? What would need to be changed to do that? I bought this truck when I was 33 yrs old, I am now 66, it's like a family member!!!
Desperate to save an old friend.

·
Super Moderator
7,993 Posts
What's the feasibility of rebuilding the old? A good reman long block will run you $1500-$2000 plus. That won't include water pump, distributor, the intake and above, or fuel delivery. But, it'll come with a better warranty than a rebuild and be a lot fresher. Jumping to a 5.8Lshouldn't be an issue, firing orders are the same, move the sensors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This old hippie van is/was semi custom and has evolved into a rat . I get alot, of comments on it, full length running boards, rusty chrome slots, old steel fishing rod for an antenna, primed lund visor. Spray can primer scattered over it,bullet holes,whiskey dents etc, just to name a few things. But... I still drive it all the time. The only complaint I've ever had was the lack of power from day one.That is why I would consider the 351 if that were possible. The problem today is the cost of things, the 300.00 junk yard motor days are gone. But yeah, I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money on it.

·
Super Moderator
7,993 Posts

Oddly enough, they seemed to be lacking on the 5.8's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts