Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine removal,never done this before on the 4.6L ford before.I have Ford factory manual that is telling me I need to pull engine and tranny together(T-45).But have a Hanyes book and it tells me no need to pull both together,what do I need to do?Also on this motor were is the proper place to install mounting brackets to lift the engine(can I use the mounting holes on the back were tranny meets the block,and Alternator mounting holes in the front on the block,is this safe?).I really need to lift from front to back (support),so I can angle the motor out with a load leveler.Does the radiator have to come out,it looks like it will clear.Everything is off and it is ready to come out.Thank you for any help or suggestions,c_shark1980.

·
Registered
833 Posts
If all your wiring, hoses, etc. are disconnected, you can remove just the engine. The problem is the tight fit at the cowl on the top of the firewall- the transmission would allow it to tilt back enough to clear easily, whereas doing just the engine, you'll likely need to wiggle it a good bit.

The bellhousing bolt locations will be fine for removal, but the alternator brackets are NOT. I'd lift it by the front manifold bolts before I'd try the alternator mounting points.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts