Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a ECM for my truck and I can't find any GOOD companies that are selling them. I've tried flagship one and going through it with them, ordered it on the 8th and it still hasn't arrived. They are waiting on a wire harness to ship to test my ECM... As a company that specializes in that field shouldn't they have every wiring harness under the sun and the ability to rig up their own? Meanwhile I'm out of a car and was hoping to get some suggestions what to do.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Take off both battery cables off and zip tie or tape them together where they're touching metal to metal for 15-30 minutes then put them back on the battery. Let the car idle for 15 minutes for everything to recalculate itself. This is like a major REBOOT for your PCM & ECM and fixes some problems we can't figure out. Good luck. Keep us posted

·
Super Moderator
24,106 Posts
Lots of other companies that might help you , some examples

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take off both battery cables off and zip tie or tape them together where they're touching metal to metal for 15-30 minutes then put them back on the battery. Let the car idle for 15 minutes for everything to recalculate itself. This is like a major REBOOT for your PCM & ECM and fixes some problems we can't figure out. Good luck. Keep us posted
I've tried this with the stock ECM, no dice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lots of other companies that might help you , some examples

Just wanted to say thanks for the reply. Finally my fs1 order came through, been a month now no issues so far with the new ECM. Had to also get a new battery and than the new alternator that was put on prior had a bad voltage regulator so we had to get that swapped. It's been a long past 2 or 3 months haha....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts