Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
I have a ED falcon gli i have just fitted a stage 2 crow cam
Now the lifters will not pump uP enough(I think I need shims)
I think i need shims for the lifters can anywone help!!
what shims do i need.

Thanks
Troy

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
Just a quick question for you - did you have the HLA's out of the rockers when you replaced the cam???
If you did, did you reinstall the oiling plates back into the rocker arms the correct way??(these little discs will fit into the bores with the oiling slots for the hla's either way - the correct way is with the 3 large slots facing the HLA's)
See attached pics.....
Oiling disc inserted into the rocker arm correctly - HLA to be inserted into bore......

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
pic with the oiling disc in INCORRECTLY - you do this - the HLA's will not see correct oil pressure. & ultimately will not operate correctly.........

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
Oiling disc installed upside down - you do this & the HLA's will NOT see correct oil pressure & will NOT operate correctly........
Of course if you haven't touched the HLA's then it may well be another problem altogether (just showing an easy mistake that is sometimes made)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope mate they are the right way. i think i need some shims just not sure that size. it is because the crow cams are machined down so the lifters have a big gap between the valve springs.

·
Registered
378 Posts
crow cams are good, but why did you not just get your current cam grinded/ground?

And one other question, does your car idle really roughly, or rougher than before the new cam?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope car idles well it still does i have got some shims on order should be ok guys thanks for your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts