Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I started my car and left to go visit my GF. I was gone for about 30 - 45 mins and came back. When I got home, I saw this huge puddle of antifreeze on the ground where my car had been parked before I left. The puddle was underneath the driver's side front wheel. I moved the car back a little and let it sit. A couple hours later I checked on it again ... nothing. I check on it this morning ... still nothing. What would cause a huge leak of antifreeze like this? Why would it stop all the sudden? It has never happened to me before this and I have had the car since October 4th.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I have to check that tonight ...
I just understand why it would overflow out of nowhere and then be fine

·
White men Cant Jump!
201 Posts
It aint the Overflow Can.. Thats on the Passenger Side

Drivers Side? Front Tire area.. You sure it was Antifreeze?

If Yes, I dunno other then a hosing leak underneath , but I dont believe there is a Hose on that side. Could also be a rad hole, which plugged itself

Check your Fluid level

·
Probe GT Member
18 Posts
what year do you have? Do you have the original water pump? I would almost guarantee thats the problem. water pumps are a common problem with probes.

·
"oh, you were racing?"
118 Posts
Scottie2Hottie said:
It aint the Overflow Can.. Thats on the Passenger Side

Drivers Side? Front Tire area.. You sure it was Antifreeze?

Ummm, mine is on the driver's side. Washer fluid bottle is on the passenger. :noNO:

One thing to check, the rad cap. If it's not holding it's pressure it will let water into the overlfow bottle. IT then fills up, and spills onto the ground. I had this. But in my case, it turned out that somebody(previosu owner) actually had the two caps of the cooling sytem switched, so the cap on the radiator, wasn't holding the 13lbs it was supposed to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts