Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Mustang GT with 128,000 Miles, a month or so after I bought it started to take a while to turn on (it would turn over for a bit then finally go) but now sometimes when I turn it on it will go on at low RPM’s and won’t be as loud and then shut off after like 3 seconds. It doesn’t do it all the time only about 3 times a week at the most but what could be causing that? I replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter, fuel sending unit, fuel pressure regulator. A side note Is even after replacing all of these when I check the fuel pressure it’s lower than it should be.

·
Super Moderator
18,948 Posts
Dont know what fuel pressure your getting but something to consider ,

" The 30 psig rail pressure is normal, as the PCM maintains a 39-40 psi differential pressure across the fuel injectors--at idle there is -10 psi pressure (vacuum) in the manifold, that plus the 30 psig rail pressure = 40 psia."

Could check for vac leaks , clean MAF sensor and IAC valve .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I will try that, the pressure I get when I check it was 10-20 PSI, when I took off the regulator it went up about 5 more PSI but that was it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Geovanni
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing