Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I need your help. I have a 2005 Grand Marquis with 46k on it. I decided to put p71 springs in the rear. My friend offered to do it for me because he has a lift at his house. He told me that the Coil springs wnet in fine. But, the base/perch that is welded to the axle is rotted on one side.
I was told that Ford has a repair kit or a replacement set of perches that I can mig weld to the axle to replace the factory ones.

Does anyone know what I can do ??

I can't find them anywhere. Summit Race has universal ones that might work. Not sure if they will fit. If anyone has a blown axle that can grind off the perches I will buy them.

THanks in advance

John

[email protected]:bowd:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The salvage yard wants to sell me an entire axle. I called ford dealer & the guy said they had a repair kit available but can't find the part # or any info. I called a second dealer & he said that Ford sells them but they can't get them. I keep getting the runaround.. I was hoping maybe a member works at a parts dept at a ford dealer & can dig up the part # or part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:I purchased aftermarket spring perches. I had a friend at a shop cut the old perch out & install the new perch.

The issue was that the factory perch is 2 1/4 & the aftermarket is 3 1/2 dia. He modified the new perch by cutting the large tube & welding a 2 1/4 tube in it's place. Undercoated it all & it's perfect !!!

So if anyone has this issue buy the aftermarket perches cut off large tube from aftermarket part & weld a 2 1/4 tube in it's place. Grind/cut off rotted perches off axle, measure & weld in place. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all56124?seid=srese1&gclid=COXi1d3QqM0CFYclgQodgiMOIw

Perfect !!!!!

:grin2::grin2:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all56124?seid=srese1&gclid=COXi1d3QqM0CFYclgQodgiMOIw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts