Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ranger Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a '86 Bronco for $500. I thought it was a good deal at the time and I've always wanted that style. Soon after if it wouldn't start, No spark! I replace the coil, module and stator inside the distributor. Now I have spark and no fuel!!! What should I check first? I have a 302EFI w/ high mi. The high pressure pump is working cuz i can hear it. Should I be able to hear the low pressure pump in the tank? what else could it be??

thanks!!!
Jason

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
yes you should be able to hear the low pressure pump as well. The same thing just happened to my boss this last week. Turns out he had to replace both fuel pumps.

I would make sure you're getting power to both pumps first of all, before going and getting another one you may not need.

·
POC Mod/Probe GT Member
84 Posts
If the starter is good, battery is good, you have gas, and it just won't turn over then check the ignition module. I just had this happen.

·
Ranger Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it running, it was the wires running to the coil and the fuel injectors. they must have got bumped loose while I was working on it. 15 yr old wires are fragile.

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Sweet man. Glad to her it was one of those simple things. Then again, it ALWAYS seems to be one of those wimple things. Oh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts