Ford Forums banner

Need info on XA/B GT S/wheel?.

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  330boss 
#1 ·
Well I just want to mention that today I went down to Pearcedale(other side of Melbourne) with my G'friend's family to see her Uncle, he is a Ford man and a really nice bloke, anyway I've been there before and he has had a XB Fairmont just sitting in his backyard,not his car though, now on this 'Mont is a set of genuine Bathurt's globe's only on the back though and an aftermarkrt set of globe's on the front and I've allway's said to him I wanted them but the owner didn't want to part with them,(dam'n) but alas today he said I could have them(you ripper) and I could also have the GT steering wheel on it as well,so I snapped that up straight away,but I'm not sure whether it is a GS or GT wheel,can anybody post a pic of a GT and GS steering wheel of an XA/B so I can tell which one I have,cheer's.

#2 ·
galaxy xr8 said:
Well I just want to mention that today I went down to Pearcedale(other side of Melbourne) with my G'friend's family to see her Uncle, he is a Ford man and a really nice bloke, anyway I've been there before and he has had a XB Fairmont just sitting in his backyard,not his car though, now on this 'Mont is a set of genuine Bathurt's globe's only on the back though and an aftermarkrt set of globe's on the front and I've allway's said to him I wanted them but the owner didn't want to part with them,(dam'n) but alas today he said I could have them(you ripper) and I could also have the GT steering wheel on it as well,so I snapped that up straight away,but I'm not sure whether it is a GS or GT wheel,can anybody post a pic of a GT and GS steering wheel of an XA/B so I can tell which one I have,cheer's.
You wanna sell the globes :angel:

#6 ·
Sorry Fordy I'll be hanging on to these to put with my other B'globe's,sorry mate,
apollo, the centre is in fantastic condition,the wood grain is smooth but good the only problem is a crack in the top of the wheel,but I'm sure it is repairable.

#9 ·
The whole car is there minus the engine and box which was a 351 and auto(I was too slow to get that)do they have a GT/GS dash like the XW/Y's because it had a tacho that read to 70 and the speedo that went to 240,If I had a trailer I would have grabed the car but I only really wanted the rim's and s/wheel,it did have air and all the gear for the air was still there,but I'm only really interested in XW/Y stuff so I couldn't be bothered taking the car,and this bloke just want's the car of his property.

#15 · (Edited)
Glad to hear you finally got them..What a bargain!

The XA/B gs/gt rimblow wheels are the same.

#16 ·
galaxy xr8 said:
Steering Wheels exactly the same ....Definately no differences between GS and GT XA-XB steering wheel . Only difference is XA Wheel had Horn pick-ups fitted , XB wheels did'nt

#17 ·
It's funny that everyone say's the XA/B GT/GS steering wheel's are the same, because when I was at the AFD in Geelong there was this bloke selling(or trying to) an XA GT steering wheel,now the funny thing was it had the GS symbol in the middle like the GS wheel off an XW/Y but it had the 3 spoke middle off an XA/B( without the 3 hole's on each spoke) it all seemed a bit suss to me so I walked, I've never seen a XA/B wheel with the GS emblem off an XW/Y before?.

#18 · (Edited)
galaxy xr8 said:
I've never seen a XA/B wheel with the GS emblem off an XW/Y before?.
Either have i!

#20 ·
galaxy xr8 said:
It's funny that everyone say's the XA/B GT/GS steering wheel's are the same, because when I was at the AFD in Geelong there was this bloke selling(or trying to) an XA GT steering wheel,now the funny thing was it had the GS symbol in the middle like the GS wheel off an XW/Y but it had the 3 spoke middle off an XA/B( without the 3 hole's on each spoke) it all seemed a bit suss to me so I walked, I've never seen a XA/B wheel with the GS emblem off an XW/Y before?.
I had one like this , but when I took the GS badge out when cleaning up the wheel , It turned out to be an XY GS badge with the three arms broken of and chunk of Blu-Tak behind it.

#22 ·
330boss said:
The Xa wheel had the horn rubber around the circumfrounce of the wheel and the Xb I think had the horn on the indicator.
Both wheels XA-XB had the 'Rim-Blow' Rubber around the circumference of the wheel...However , on XB it was disfunctional.[Horn wires under centre pad cut and horn contacts under wheel removed...by Ford] And as you said , XB had horn on Indicator switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.