Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New reader and poster here. I'm looking to get rid of my gas hog and buy an older, 96-2000 ranger, 4 cyl. I had a 96 ranger sport 4 cyl right out of college and loved it, never had a problem, but wanted something bigger and better. I now own a 2000 honda passport (isuzu rodeo with a honda H on the front) and this thing has driven me nuts for about 4 years. From owning that I have learned that these automotive forums are the best place to get information so I am relying on you folks for some info.

I was looking real quick at a local ford dealership and came across a 99 ranger 4 cyl 2.5 liter, automatic. It has 105000 miles on it. It is a one owner truck that was bought at the dealership it was taken back to. It looks like the guy took real good care of it. He had the ford rustproofing done underneath when he bought it and the frame and everything looks great. Its an XLT, with air power windows, sliding rear window, CD player. THey are asking 3,500 for it. Any quirks with this model? Gas mileage ok?

I appreciate any responses. Thank you.

·
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!
626 Posts
thats a steal with great mileage, see if you can get a compression test on all 4 cilinders, ask ford to do it!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I thought it wasn't that bad of a price. I also looked on consumer reports and they have the truck listed as a buyers choice for used vehicles. Other than having the compression tested, is there anything else about the 4 cyl. engines that I should look for? Will it go another 50,000 miles if its taken care of?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts