Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering column is so jacked up that the only way I can drive it is if I do a full a replacement. I need to know if it will interfere with PATS.

Also, are all PATS 1 modules interchangeable?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
It won't affect the programmed keys. I am not sure if all pats 1 modules are the same. I would try and find a column from same year or put your pats module on the new column.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the column but i learned that I can't rewire the ring. So now I need everything but the circuit board in the picture and the wires that attach to it. AutoZone doesn't carry it and I can't find it anywhere in any parts directories. I'm guessing the only way I can get one is to salvage from another vehicle? Any information about where I can get this or fix it would be life saving. I'm visiting family out of state and I NEED this part to get my car running and to get back home. Also attached is a picture of my ignition housing. I don't really care about that as much because i can use a screwdriver to turn it. The other one was the best way I could figure to try to wire it back up. I have the transponder chip as well. I have to get home so i can go back to work so even if I have to completely rewire to get the car started and to stay running i don't care. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,077 Posts
You'll either have to go back to Ford or a salvage yard.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Your going to have to get them off another vehicle. I'm going to guess those will never work again. You are also going to need the key that was programmed to the car. The ring and " chip" in the column only read and transfer the data.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts