Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· new ford guy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey its me again, i still have my 76 ford f-150 with a 390 fe engine. The mods include headers with a 3" collector, off road cam, aluminume intake, and a edelbrock carb. not sure which one though. It doesnt seem to make the power that it should. Should i go with a clutch fan? im putting 3" exhaust on soon with 2 flowmaster super 40's. What are some ways that i can gain some power. Its a 4 wheel drive and it doesnt have the kickdown cable for the transmission. What should i do?? where should i start? The engine was just rebuilt so its fresh. And another question, When it shifts from first to second, it seems like it just slams into second and sometimes third. What would cause this? I changed all the fluids and changed the transmission filter so i know thats not the problem. Need help!! Thank you and have a great day!

· Registered
321 Posts
What heads are you using? If they are stock they need some bigger valves and port work to make the engine breath. Also some specs on your cam will help. Lift, duration etc... I would start with the heads and go from there. It sounds like everything else has been addressed but the heads if in stock trim sound the cork right now.

G.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.