Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve got a 2012 f150 3.5l ecoboost 4x4 lariat, I’ve had issues with brakes I was told, and after the Titus will dealership here in Washington had my truck for two weeks I was told the problem was fixed.
The problem seems to have gotten worse.
New brake pads all around, new rotors and calipers up front, and grinding occurs as I’m slowing down and turning right. Speeds under 30mph it seems to occur.

I was told the brake shield or whatever could be bent, but I don’t trust a dealership, and don’t necessarily have time or an extra vehicle to leave it at a mechanics shop to inspect and work on it.
I’m capable and willing to do it myself but I just don’t know where to look.

·
Super Moderator
11,068 Posts
I'd contact the dealership and let them know what's going on. They would like to correct it or at lest let you know what it is. They shouldn't charge for that.

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
This shows you the backing plate on an earlier model but gives you an idea what to look for . Usually if back plate is fouling you can just bend clear by hand or sometimes you get dirt / rust which is easy to clear and does not need any stripping down either . Just remove wheel , spin rotor and check but may not be your solution to the fault .

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I’ve got a 2012 f150 3.5l ecoboost 4x4 lariat, I’ve had issues with brakes I was told, and after the Titus will dealership here in Washington had my truck for two weeks I was told the problem was fixed.
New brake pads all around, new rotors and calipers up front, and grinding occurs as I’m slowing down and turning right. Speeds under 30mph it seems to occur.

I was told the brake shield or whatever could be bent, but I don’t trust a dealership, and don’t necessarily have time or an extra vehicle to leave it at a mechanics shop to inspect and work on it.
I’ve got a 2016 eco boost limit, I went though 4 sets of pads in less than 18 months and 18k... check the placement of the pads, I found I was putting them in wrong, they are side specific..I.e. outer right side inner right side outer left side inner left side. I also got sever duty pads which sound and feel rough during the first three stops of the day. The sever duty pads came with marking for proper placement. Hth

·
Registered
5 Posts

Take it back to that dealership and demand that they fix it! I quit going to those Ford service ripoff shops a long time ago!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts