Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AU XR6HP Owner
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come Neil Crompton hasn't got a drive in the V8 Supercars yet. Now that the new car is finished why can't he get a drive in the old car. I went to the V8 Supercar site and it site and it said that Cromley isn't driving in the new zealand round. I can understand why he didn't drive at the gold coast because they wanted to keep the new car for lowndesy and Bathurst was tthe debut of the new car.why can't he drive the spare car. It seems such a waste of talent to have him sitting in the commetary box

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Yeah I thought once the new car was ready Neil was going to drive the old one but that doesn't seem to be the case. At this stage I have not heard anything about GMS expanding to two cars for 2002 so Neil maybe left out in the cold again.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
has it got anything to do with the possible take over of GMS? I didnt get a chance to rerad the auto action today in the newagent so I couldnt read about the situation but theres so much that goes behind "play" that us normal folk dont here about.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Probably no point in Neil going out for one last round, he can't win the Championship. Plus all the extra expense of shipping an extra car to NZ with all the spare wheels, gearboxes, panels etc.

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
I reckon he'll race at Sandown at the end of November because it's close to their workshop and GMS promised him a drive at one of the rounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts